Taking wood, from a wood

At the end it says now owned by rotherham council, the OP says it isnt private/owned by anyone,so before the OP goes and gets himself arrested ,he can now give RCC a ring and hear it from the horses mouth.Is that relevent enough for you.I cant see your contribution any where!!

I cant see your contribution any where!!

check my other post , the op asked if was legal to take wood i said i read someone got arrested therefor it is illegal .End of discussion i think.

I think a good checklist to follow would be as follows

1. If you want something that does not belong to you then you want it for a reason - ie it has value, to you at least, and may have value to the owner, ie they may wish to realise that value themselves.

2. Taking things from the rightful owner is theft, so next establish who the rightful owner is.

3. Ask them if you can have it, while it has value to you it may not have value to them and they may be happy for you to remove it.

4. If they give you permission to take it then jobs a good 'un, if not then leave alone.

I think a good checklist to follow would be as follows

1. If you want something that does not belong to you then you want it for a reason - ie it has value, to you at least, and may have value to the owner, ie they may wish to realise that value themselves.

2. Taking things from the rightful owner is theft, so next establish who the rightful owner is.

3. Ask them if you can have it, while it has value to you it may not have value to them and they may be happy for you to remove it.

4. If they give you permission to take it then jobs a good 'un, if not then leave alone.

Does that mean that you must hold your breath whenever you're not on your own property?

Archived