What Americans Think About Our Rioting

Old people in the US get free healthcare, poor people do to.

It's just the quality for the OAPs (whom are likely to vote in elections), is very good, whilst that for poor people (unlikely to vote), is very bad.

Medicare and medicaid..

Thank you, chem1st.

Seems some of our American friends are gloating about our rioting problems. It's a bit rich coming from the Yanks, they have enough problems of their own to sort out before criticising our fair land.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2011-08-10.html

Regards

Angel.

The first thing you need to know about Anne Coulter is that she's an extremist right wing NUTCASE

Any suggestion that she represents in anyway the views and opinions of most of the American public is a complete fallacy.

Obviously you dont have access the the mainstream American media. The riots have made the headline news of course but run second place to the current economic situation which occupies Americans at the moment but I have not seen the slightest hint of gloating on any news report

This is where our country is better. If you fell down with a heart attack you would be taken to hospital given first class treatment, wouldn't matter if you were rich or poor.

If you fell down with the heart attack here, you'd still get the best care. Afterwards would be another story. If you were rich, you pay your bill and leave. If you're poor, there would be no bill. But if you're middle class, you might be scrambling to cover the portion your insurance doesn't pay.

But that would depend on the type of coverage you have. Sometimes you luck out. When I was a child, my sister fell and broke her arm. She was covered under both our parent's separate policies from work. My parents made about $200 after all the bills were paid. My father jokingly told her to 'go ahead and break your other arm!"

Really guys, none of us thinks ill of our english cousins because of all the rioting and would certainly never gloat about it. Like we don't have our share of trouble over here? Personally, I was mildly distressed to see London in flames and can only imagine the problems for business owners and people in the area.

I feel like we Americans are treated like the popular kids who you assume are laughing at you but aren't.

Instead of berating our country she should be lobbying her own government to stop the people having the right to bear arms. Then perhaps idiots would stop shooting classrooms full of children or perhaps as one of the richest countries in world invest in a welfare system which allows all to receive healthcare, not just the ones who can afford insurance.

:hihi::hihi: SorrY I just have to laugh at your comment in light of the recent tragedy in Norway, the Cumbtia shootings in the UK and the gangs in Englands inner cities who have guns.

Weren't the London police trying to crack down on gangs with guns which triggered an incident leading to the riots?

Simple truth: Take away guns from everybody and only the criminals have em

It's Ann coulter. She deliberatly, and self admittedly tries to wind people up and misrepresents positions in order to push her viewpoint. She's so rabid right wing that even the hardline Republicans sometimes wish she'd just shut up and stop being embarrassing from what I've heard from them.

The first thing you need to know about Anne Coulter is that she's an extremist right wing NUTCASE

Any suggestion that she represents in anyway the views and opinions of most of the American public is a complete fallacy.

Obviously you dont have access the the mainstream American media. The riots have made the headline news of course but run second place to the current economic situation which occupies Americans at the moment but I have not seen the slightest hint of gloating on any news report

I saw quite a reasoned piece on CNN about it - in terms of coverage and analysis it was quite well balanced and reasonably accurate - well as accurate as any ongoing news reportage could expect to be.

Seems some of our American friends are gloating about our rioting problems. It's a bit rich coming from the Yanks, they have enough problems of their own to sort out before criticising our fair land.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2011-08-10.html

Regards

Angel.

Really taking as gospel from some batpoo crazy person like Ann Coulter?

I think she blamed 9/11 victims for what happened to them and then had the gall to show up for a book signing in an area that suffered a great loss to the tragedy (I think the 3rd highest amount of widows from the Twin Towers tragedy) and couldnt figure out why people were protesting her.

Old people in the US get free healthcare, poor people do to.

It's just the quality for the OAPs (whom are likely to vote in elections), is very good, whilst that for poor people (unlikely to vote), is very bad.

Medicare and medicaid..

And not to forget the best, The Department of veterans affairs, Id guess that 99% of American men have been veterans at some point in their lives...all free for them or at very litttle cost.

I saw quite a reasoned piece on CNN about it - in terms of coverage and analysis it was quite well balanced and reasonably accurate - well as accurate as any ongoing news reportage could expect to be.

I'm inclined to believe that the riots must bring back some bad memories for any American who is old enough to remember the 1960s/70s

Archived