What Americans Think About Our Rioting

Wiki .........

Ann Hart Coulter (born December 8, 1961) is an American lawyer, conservative social and political commentator, author, and syndicated columnist. She frequently appears on television, radio, and as a speaker at public events and private events. Well-known for her conservative political opinions and the controversial ways in which she defends them, Coulter has described herself as a polemicist who likes to "stir up the pot" and does not "pretend to be impartial or balanced, as broadcasters do."

Seems some of our American friends are gloating about our rioting problems. It's a bit rich coming from the Yanks, they have enough problems of their own to sort out before criticising our fair land.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2011-08-10.html

Regards

Angel.

You really think Americans are gloating :confused: only a person that gloats would come up with a thing like that, you must be daft!

And not to forget the best, The Department of veterans affairs, .

Indeed.. the UK, should look to emulate this IMO.. always amazed me the difference in how veterans in our countries were treated. Aside from healthcare, veterans are generally able to use on base facilities like the BX and Commissary, clubs and sport facilities etc even after their service has ended... and I believe general military discount in just about every place imaginable is available too. :thumbsup:

Indeed.. the UK, should look to emulate this IMO.. always amazed me the difference in how veterans in our countries were treated. Aside from healthcare, veterans are generally able to use on base facilities like the BX and Commissary, clubs and sport facilities etc even after their service has ended... and I believe general military discount in just about every place imaginable is available too. :thumbsup:

Veterans in every country should get all that IMO, but then in the UK you get people maoning that OAPs get free bus travel, so I can't imagine how narked they would be about veterans getting it too.

Unfortunately due to the present dismal economic situation many returning vets from Iraq and Afghanistan are having a very hard time finding jobs

During the Vietnam era it was the same except that veterans then were blatantly discriminated against even though the employment situation was much better then.

There was a total lack of counseling available also.

Brits don't seem to "Get it" Americans have always admired the Brits, well say English, they admire the Royalty, all the traditions, the English accents, English pubs , also Scotland Yard has always been known as The cream of the crop as far as crime solving goes, but reaing many post,s on the Forum, Brits don't seem to want Americans to like them :confused: I'm sure that can be arranged if thats what you want :hihi:

As far as riots go, they have plenty, so I don't get this gloating thing at all :confused:

Or even Rodney King et al - 1992 was a bad year for South LA as I recall. And the 1977 NY blackout riots?

I was working on a job on the west side of Los Angeles when the riots started just after it broke on the news that the jury had found the six cops involved in King's beating not guilty.

I told the crew to knock off and get on home as soon as possible. Some of them lived in the west valley which was alright for them but I and some of the others had to cross the city along Interstate 10. It looked a bit like Aramgeddon with police and ambulance sirens wailing everywhere and big clouds of smoke rising above the city skyline.

It seemed every soul in creation was getting out of the city as soon as possible. The traffic jams were horrendous It took me three hours to get home on a journey that usually took no more than one

A month ago I took a day off sick from work, I had been having difficulty breathing (I do smoke, however this was a chest infection).

Got a prescription for antibiotics (priced at £1.12 in the BNF), £7.40 to cash in at the pharmacists. Lost a days' pay too.

I ended up getting a friend to get me some better antibiotics instead, suppose you could call it black market, I didn't pay anything for them anyhow.

The NHS has its problems. A minor ailment requiring antibiotics means you need to take a day off of work to collect a prescription, that you then have to pay for.

Your forced to lose money, you can't legally purchase the medicine you require.

Your National Insurance doesn't cover you, you still need private insurance to avoid being caught short.

Archived