The type of man who for women, are a shoulder to cry on

ahh, it doesn't work like that for men.

I've slept with loads of women I didn't find attractive, I just see it as an opportunity to practice new moves. You can't get complacent when it comes to the bedroom.

Haha, I'm not about to sleep with someone just for the sake of it :suspect:

I like the Catherine Tate sketch: "I do like you, I'm just not drunk enough to find you attractive, I don't think I'll ever be drunk enough"

• 4 weeks later...

He sounds like a gentleman actually, BUT also quite disillusioned, and not brave to risk the dating life. If I was the friend, I would certainly not "use and abuse him" poor soul. This is something that even I as a woman, have to be a bit strict on, cos if you pour your heart and soul to a non-BF, exactly what do you have left FOR the bf to "fix" on ?? Isn't part of a relationship means going through the good and bad and learning about each other too ?

It is not healthy or fair for this guy to provide the shoulder, but not really to have a GF to come home to. It is also not fair for females to judge their own partners, and then give the good side of themselves to the male friend, and not to the boyfriend either. If someone accepts you, then they should accept all of you. If they love you, then they should really control their tears, or their moods, and not just throw bad tempers, or bad moods or feelings at someone else when it is not justified. It is a matter of maturity, isn't it ?

I used to have such friends too from uni, but as we grew, we distance ourselves and created that space that allows each other to move on and choose their own partners, and create that intimacy with their own chosen ones. One should indeed be respectful of boundaries, surely ?

Archived