Help - My bridesmaids dress is too tight!

I am a bridesmaid in a weeks time, and have had the dress for a good while. Although a little tight when I got it, it seemed ok. I have just tried it again, and can't get the zip up now:( It is a taffeta dress with a side zip. I can't buy another one like it now, and I am getting in quite a state about it. Please can anyone help? Could it be altered in some way? I don't think there is a chance of me losing enough weight in a week to fit in to it!!

If there are any darts in the bodice you could unpick them, which would release a bit of extra fullness.

You can get some very effective 'slimming-effect' lycra/elastic undergarments which basically hold it all in - if it's up to about five pounds in weight/acouple of inches on your waist you're talking about, it might just work. Try Marks and Spencers, this kind of thing:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/search?node=42967030&field-keywords=shapewear&x=28&y=10&viewID=results&intid=gnav_search

The bolero idea is interesting but won't she look odd if she's the only bridesmaid wearing one?

I need to get into my old suit in a week but I'm a greedy sod who can't lay off the cream cakes, take aways and other fattening stuff.

I didn't bother checking or doing anything about it until way too late but I'm crying out on a forum for help because I'm a slob and need to have something to reassure me I tried.

Now, I'll have to go because I really need something extra to eat because I'm a fat git with a massive stomach.

I need to get into my old suit in a week but I'm a greedy sod who can't lay off the cream cakes, take aways and other fattening stuff.

I didn't bother checking or doing anything about it until way too late but I'm crying out on a forum for help because I'm a slob and need to have something to reassure me I tried.

Now, I'll have to go because I really need something extra to eat because I'm a fat git with a massive stomach.

I really don't think that was called for, the OP wanted advice not some supercilious twit being rude.

I really don't think that was called for, the OP wanted advice not some supercilious twit being rude.

I really hope the OP got it sorted OK.

Although put in a very crude way, upinwath does have a point...

Why oh why did she leave it til one week beforehand to check if it fits??!! :loopy:

Especially if it was quite tight to begin with, and she has put on weight since?

I hope the bride wasn't aware of this last minute stress and expense!

Archived