Help - My bridesmaids dress is too tight!

What about booking a 'wrap' treatment for now and again the day before the wedding? You are measured all over your body before and after the treatment and lose inches off each area. It's a bit of a con cos you only lose fluid retention etc and quickly put it back on but it may be a good short term solution for the day?!

Oh yeah that's a good idea!

I thought they were v expensive, but just did a quick google & there's a salon in sheffield doing them for £36 - not too bad!

Is the wedding on Sat? If you make sure you eat NO carbs whatsoever between now & then, that could help by a few pounds. I did a crash diet before my holiday and lost 1.5lbs a day for the first week by sticking to the Dukan diet.

Good luck!

Although put in a very crude way, upinwath does have a point...

I wasn't rude. I was simply saying I needed to get into a suit but, because I eat too much and slob around, I can't.

Now what's rude about that unless the OP is the same as me?

Of course, I didn't make the slightest suggestion of that.

*Ignoring people who haven't go anything useful to say*

Is it a strapless dress? If so and its only round the top where it is tight, try wearing a few different types of bra with it - sometimes that can make a difference as different bras kind of put your boobs in different places if you know what I mean, which can affect the fit. Or go braless if you feel confident enough (if it is a bit tight then it might be enough to hold you in shape?)

Also, to get rid of bloating and water retention, maybe avoid caffeine for a few days and fizzy drinks? I know that helps me!!

Hope that was helpful!

Just a little update. My little crash diet did eventually pay off, as well as a minimiser strapless bra. The dress was very snug fitting, but I managed to stay in it all day. Thank you again for all the suggestions, the wrap idea was really good, but just didn't have the time this week.

Just a little update. My little crash diet did eventually pay off, as well as a minimiser strapless bra. The dress was very snug fitting, but I managed to stay in it all day. Thank you again for all the suggestions, the wrap idea was really good, but just didn't have the time this week.

glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

Were you able to eat at all during the day, though?

Archived