Has anyone not been able to retune their TV ?

Since the changeover to digital, this week, I followed all the instructions sent for my Sony tv, and I have every programme except BBC2. That is just dead. I wonder if this will be rectified in the second changeover on 24th.August ?

Anyone else had any problems with the changeover ?

Whilst watching Channel-4 I had a message re-tune on the 17th of August, I can't found any reference to the 17th on the Digital UK website.

I get my signal from Crosspool

Im on the opposite valley to Crosspool (Rivelin) so must get my signal from Crosspool. I had a message but didnt read it. (What date is it today ?):huh:

Since the changeover to digital, this week, I followed all the instructions sent for my Sony tv, and I have every programme except BBC2. That is just dead. I wonder if this will be rectified in the second changeover on 24th.August ?

That sounds a bit strange, as I believe all the BBC channels are transmitted on the same frequency, so if you can get BBC 1 you should definitely be able to get BBC 2.

Analogue BBC 2, on the other hand, has been switched off for good - are you sure your tv is in 'digital' mode and not analogue?

Did you re-tune from scratch, or just scan for any new channels?

I understood ONLY BBC2 was being turned off at this moment in time - but i coul dbe incorrect.

That's right, analogue BBC 2 has been turned off, analogue BBC 1, ITV etc are still there.

Digital BBC channels should be all or nothing, i.e. if you can get digital BBC 1 you can also get digital BBC 2, unless there is some "favourites" or channel list setting on the TV that is hiding it. Best thing is to reinstall the TV from scratch, and let it find all the channels.

Archived