Prolapsed disc lower back

If he loses sensation between the legs and the ability to go to the loo, that needs an emergency operation so keep an eye on him. Sciatica is chronic and I too had three slipped disks at one time. Luckily, after weeks of rest and physio two eased but the other needed an emergency op as I lost the sensation between my legs aswell as the all time one down my left left through to my foot, which I still have. (since 2004)

I was operated on in 2007 and it failed. I have been left with the same symptoms as before and have since been fitted with a spinal cord stimulator after years of different meds. Unfortunately, at this moment in time it's not fun coning properly and I hope to have yet another operation to fit a larger paddle lead into my spine.

It took a long time for the two herniated disks to right themselves but they did .. Give it more time. Check with your doctor if you're worried. They rarely operate until six months unless, as I say, it's an emergency.

Archived