Pubs/Restaurants On the High Peak Trail

NeoGen

Hi all,

I went to a pub a few years ago near the start/end of the High Peaks Trail, I'm sure it was near a sealed railway tunnel, the food was very good. I'm trying to track it down again to pay it another visit so if anyone knows of such a pub I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

N.

Hi all,

I went to a pub a few years ago near the start/end of the High Peaks Trail, I'm sure it was near a sealed railway tunnel, the food was very good. I'm trying to track it down again to pay it another visit so if anyone knows of such a pub I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

N.

It sounds like the Monsal Head Hotel, which is extremely good. You could also call in at the Pack Horse at Little Longstone. it is only a few hundred yards away from the Monsal Head and also has extemely good food and beers.

It sounds like the Monsal Head Hotel, which is extremely good. You could also call in at the Pack Horse at Little Longstone. it is only a few hundred yards away from the Monsal Head and also has extemely good food and beers.

I think you're confusing it with the Monsal Trail, which passes those places. The High Peak Trail is further south. I don't know it well enough to identify the pub, though.

Archived