David starky upper class twit

I think he makes a very good point when he says that although some of the rioters claimed to be acting in protest to government decisions, no government building were actually attacked ie. it wasn't politically motivated at all, it was just plain thuggery (I said the last bit!)

He also said if you turned off the volume when listening to David Lammy you could be forgiven for thinking he was white. Well what's his point? David Lammy was born and educated here, he doesn't have to sound "black" just because he is..whatever being black sounds like.

isn't it? ;)

upper class twit - that should be an A not an I - starkey is the kind of pompous old <removed> who gets himself into a tizzy of outrage over things he has never experienced, knows nothing about and isn't prepared to learn about from those who do

listen up starkey -stick to terse, emotional descriptions of royal executions in close up, wearing your trade mark harry potters -you <removed>.

that's what I say!

just looked him up on wiki - he's not posh at all, he is from fairly poor, lancashire stock and so is one those who adopt an ultra posh image for effect which (possibly) makes him even worse. I'm from the same neck of the woods and I've never met anyone who talks like that.

just looked him up on wiki - he's not posh at all, he is from fairly poor, lancashire stock and so is one those who adopt an ultra posh image for effect

Or possibly, like me, he subconsciously adopts the language style of whoever he spends any time with.

It only took two weeks in Oklahoma to turn my voice into pure redneck. When I was spending a lot of time in Oxford, I sounded like someone who'd been to Oxford University. Neither would be true.

that's unusual, (have you seen 'zelig' th woody allen film about the bloke who is so insecure that he physically changes into whatever company he is in), my lancashire accent is still evident (if watered down) after 30 years in yorks and several years in posh company at university, starkey has adopted the voice, posture, attitudes and opinions of a particular type of home counties toff. He is as fake as £10 rolex

Archived