David starky upper class twit

A substantial section of the 'chavs' that you wrote about have become black, the whites have become black. A particular sort of violent destructive, nihilistic gangster culture

Referring to Owen Jones' book, 'Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class'. Which does make reference to the 'white working class culture' and the media linking it to BNP membership, so called chavs.

It is uncommon, but it's not astonishingly rare.

And what makes you think that Starkey has adopted his current opinions? Maybe he held them when he was still living in Lancashire as a working-class teenager, for all we know.

because he says he was a labour supporter in his younger days and became more and more right wing as he got older, he now describes himself as a 'contrarian tory' - he obviously differs from the upper class type he models himself on in that he is an atheist and is openly gay.

I would put him on my interesting but obnoxious list (if I had one)

because he says he was a labour supporter in his younger days and became more and more right wing as he got older

Aha, well that I did not know.

Presumably he would argue that as he got older and wiser, his political views changed; he might even be right, but it would be impossible to prove. It is also possible that he switched allegiance out of personal selfishness once he became wealthy.

Presumably he would argue that as he got older and wiser, his political views changed; he might even be right, but it would be impossible to prove. It is also possible that he switched allegiance out of personal selfishness once he became wealthy.

for a laugh, look at the photo of him on his wikipedia site from years ago - what a dick! - he has an image in his head of some kind of ex RAF pilot from surrey, full of outrage that johnny foreigner is laying waste to old blighty and only he can see it.

In reality, he is an irrelevent self publicising racist

if I was rich, I might be a tory, what baffles me are the ordinary people who are.

his crowd baiting right wing persona gets him on telly, but he's gone too far this time, enoch powell too far.

Archived