David starky upper class twit

Nor is it equivalent to becoming a Tory voter...

absolutely matey, if folk want to vote tory it's a democracy..

but starkey has a sneering contempt for working class people - he thinks social history is irrelevent and prefers to whisper nonsense about the burdens of royalty in tudor england, he is outspoken about being an extremely promiscous gay but criticizes gay culture, he describes his childhood as poverty stricken but despises the poor - he reinvents himself every tuesday according to his own delusions and the increased chance of getting on question time.

the dick.

that's unusual, (have you seen 'zelig' th woody allen film about the bloke who is so insecure that he physically changes into whatever company he is in), my lancashire accent is still evident (if watered down) after 30 years in yorks and several years in posh company at university, starkey has adopted the voice, posture, attitudes and opinions of a particular type of home counties toff. He is as fake as £10 rolex

Maybe some people don't feel as much need as you do to drag their past around with them like a ball and chain.

because he says he was a labour supporter in his younger days and became more and more right wing as he got older, he now describes himself as a 'contrarian tory' - he obviously differs from the upper class type he models himself on in that he is an atheist and is openly gay.

So he is a Tory :o and atheist :o and gay :o

You need to get out more. There are numerous openly gay Tory MPs and former MPs. And don'y you think a lot of them might describe themselves exactly as atheist? Or is that beyond the possibilities of your self reasoning?

I would put him on my interesting but obnoxious list (if I had one)

I'll bet you have one. :lol:

Maybe some people don't feel as much need as you do to drag their past around with them like a ball and chain.

tee hee - I don't pretend to still have the same voice as I did when I was younger, I just have. I went to university in '79 with a horrible mancy accent and still have the remnants of it. when my equally mancy friends met over the years, there were some who became increasingly RP, perhaps there were some posh kids who affected more 'street' accents for the same reason, but staying the same cos I'm happy with how I speak is hardly dragging my past like a ball and chain is it?

starkey would disagree, he clearly believes in reinventing himself in a 'posh' sterotype.

the dick.

So he is a Tory :o and atheist :o and gay :o

You need to get out more. There are numerous openly gay Tory MPs and former MPs. And don'y you think a lot of them might describe themselves exactly as atheist? Or is that beyond the possibilities of your self reasoning?

I'll bet you have one. :lol:

'numerous'? until very recently, there were none -can you name any? in thatcher's time anti gay legislation was being passed, can you name a single gay tory MP until recently? william hague can't break out of his closet even now and who the hell does he think he's kidding.

atheist tory MPs - can you name one of them? I can't.

PS so I have one what?

'numerous'? until very recently, there were none -can you name any? in thatcher's time anti gay legislation was being passed, can you name a single gay tory MP until recently?

matthew paris

atheist tory MPs - can you name one of them? I can't.

can you name any non-atheist tories?

sorry mj scuba, you meant that I have an obnoxious but interesting list, stupid of me.

but I really don't, it was a rhetorical device, a joke.

I'm going to start one one though and will send you a copy when completed.

er.. william hague - there's one.

Archived