Where will the evicted people go??

So you're talking about some make believe you've just pulled out of your backside. The rest of the thread is talking about the reality of council tenants being evicted if they were involved in the riots.

My answer to TeaFan still stands, I'm not proposing different punishments, they already exist and with the exception of you we've been talking about them for 6 pages.

Relax and chill, you don't have to be a hole every day of your life you know. take it easy

If their siblings, then... could be, if not, then it's a tricky situation.

Children in care also have a low achievement rate, high suicide and prison rate too.

How about really altering the mentality of the offenders, that will be better for all!

My suggestion all along has been heavy fines and 6 day a week community service for sustained periods.

Why don't we give them a 6 day week job instead..

Why don't we give them a 6 day week job instead..

Because it's punishment for committing crime!

But after the punishment, yes i'm sure there is already quite a bit already in place to try and do that!

P.S. I know your just trying to okked!

but all these people who's been rioting up and down the country have been (rightly) threatened with eviction from their council houses.

But where will they go? Can they throw the Human Rights card in?

They are being threatened with eviction and possibly will not get evicted as each eviction, and rightly so, will depend on mitigating circumstances as its a family home.

If evicted it will be up the the local authority (by law) to put them into temporary private accommodation which will cost the taxpayer more than if they stayed in their council home.

Doubt it will happen, they could be evicted is what was said "could".

The council give people so many chances before eviction and it takes forever in the rare cases that happen.

Ask those who live next door to nightmare neighbours.

That has been the case in many situations. As councils have a duty of care to vulnerable people, its unlikely tenants with children would be evicted. They could have secure tenancies demoted to deter them from further breaches.

Those without dependent children in their households, and with no serious health or disability issues could however lose their tenancies.

its another ploy by the government to undermine the less well off again .knee jerk reactions from a gov such as this are plainly laughable, while he throws a spanner in the works and get people frothing at the mouth whats happening to the more wealthy people( they getting richer).when the wealthy start feeling the pinch and kick off about how hard done to they are then the tide will have turned ( but dont hold your breath it wont happen):hihi:

its another ploy by the government to undermine the less well off again .knee jerk reactions from a gov such as this are plainly laughable, while he throws a spanner in the works and get people frothing at the mouth whats happening to the more wealthy people( they getting richer).when the wealthy start feeling the pinch and kick off about how hard done to they are then the tide will have turned ( but dont hold your breath it wont happen):hihi:

Do you find it odd how more wealthy people seem to be involved in politics and are generally heard more?

Do you think it's anything to do with they pay a lot of taxes and get victimised by criminals more?

P.S. I'm poor! But still i'm a realist...

Archived