Where will the evicted people go??

Do you think that the children of the looting scummers are in good hands?

If their siblings, then... could be, if not, then it's a tricky situation.

Children in care also have a low achievement rate, high suicide and prison rate too.

How about really altering the mentality of the offenders, that will be better for all!

My suggestion all along has been heavy fines and 6 day a week community service for sustained periods.

The problem would be that, as all evidence clearly shows, putting them into care is not putting them in good hands. It is very probably putting them into even worse hands.

I agree, but I know some very diligent care workers, so, let's not tar them all!

All the people that are having to live in B@B's should be given the rioters council homes, and the rioters should have to live in a B@B see how they like that.

People with their own home have something to lose.

Most rioters would not have their own accommodation and instead would be living with friends.

Many older single people occupy 3 bed homes, so I can appreciate why they find it hard to understand how hard it is for young people to access housing. If they took the time to speak to a young adult they would find out. Many of them probably have them as tenants to be honest.

Instead of people they refer to them as 'me pension'.

I agree, but I know some very diligent care workers, so, let's not tar them all!

"Worse hands" might be a poor choice of words on my part. I was picking up on the "not in good hands now" point.

A great many people working in the care system - both the social workers and the foster parents - are dedicated, honest, trustworthy and all manner of good adjectives. But even so, putting children into care is tantamount to condemning them to a rubbish life.

I don't profess to know why this is so, but the evidence speaks for itself. The large bulk of children who go into care, end up woefully underperforming the ones who don't.

"Worse hands" might be a poor choice of words on my part. I was picking up on the "not in good hands now" point.

A great many people working in the care system - both the social workers and the foster parents - are dedicated, honest, trustworthy and all manner of good adjectives. But even so, putting children into care is tantamount to condemning them to a rubbish life.

I don't profess to know why this is so, but the evidence speaks for itself. The large bulk of children who go into care, end up woefully underperforming the ones who don't.

(Not having been in care myself) I'd say that care homes at best can act like an auntie or uncle, but never be a proper loving and decent Mum and Dad.

I agree with Cameron about family, but not being religious I sort of can't see the way being marriage. Maybe a penalty for single parents, but issues of fairness will be massive (e.g. they kicked me out and now you expect to pay for not being there), also already the unpaid awards are out of control.

The parents of some of the kids involved, may be ineffectual, or just not know what their teenage kids are up to. It does not necessarily make them bad people. I think it would be wrong to evict some of these people. I would rather see the looters punished in their own right. Hard labour boot camps would be my preference.

Personally I couldn't care less. This is what happens when feckless scratters breed future generations of feckless scratters. I realise that not all of the rioters are economically disadvantaged and that some have banjaxed perfectly good jobs for a night's looting but I can't imagine that they're all in council houses.

Maybe if people actually raised their kids rather than the usual "I can't stop him going out" crap that they spout when challenged over their offspring's behaviour and took some responsibility (a long and alien word to some but hey, look it up) then they'd not find themselves being penalised for their crappy parenting choices.

I hope to see them in a cardboard box in the near future.

Archived