Where will the evicted people go??

It's harsh, but maybe it needs to be. It's not just a few isolated cases of shop lifting, these riots had they gone unchecked and the rioters unpunished could have literally changed the fabric of our society. We cant sustain the level of policing in our major cities at its current level. A large amount of people would happily have a stack of stolen goods in their spare room. Now they won't.

I'm still on the fence regarding eviction but what we were trying (asbos, badly enforced community service ) despite what the guardian says clearly wasn't working.

There’s been a vast number on other threads, who in some way or another have attempted to justify or explain their actions, whether that is through implying that boredom, unemployment, lack of opportunity or misunderstood are reasons behind their actions. Some have even inferred that the bankers, & MP’s expenses played a part in fuelling their desire to ‘protest’, when in reality that’s BS, The only understanding people need to know, is that those that were looting, thieving, burning & mugging are merely an element of youth & young adults who have no respect for the values of society, they believe everything should be handed to them on a plate, they are and always will be scum, not worth the paper their benefit cheques are printed on.

It is possible to condemn something but try to understand it at the same time. It's true there was some serious hardcore criminality involved but that is not the whole story. Far from it.

It is possible to condemn something but try to understand it at the same time. It's true there was some serious hardcore criminality involved but that is not the whole story. Far from it.

True, but whilst we debate it, work how and why the problem started, bang 'em up !! Judges should ask each one why they did it, it would make interesting reading, rather than the BBC et al cherry picking the true idiots.

I know I heard I heard that most of the police officers from that station were policing football matches. I don't follow myself!

Provincial as in the fact they wouldn't be able to pass information on.

Yes that rally was political!

As to your last question, refer to earlier answer!

It is possible the football match you are referring to was the family fun day at Tottenham's ground. It wasn't attended by anywhere near the normal crowds they deal with and I find it hard to believe the station, actually quite a big station, would have been left virtually unmanned.

It was not a political rally. I just can't understand why you think that.

True, but whilst we debate it, work how and why the problem started, bang 'em up !! Judges should ask each one why they did it, it would make interesting reading, rather than the BBC et al cherry picking the true idiots.

Why do you think they did it?

They didn't burn down the Police Stations and Town Halls did they?

They politically liberated trainers, clothing, jewellery,phones, plasma tvs and computers, they politically mugged the injured.

Hot air, threats, spin, blame it on everyone exept us. Typical Cameron crap. OK, thieving toe rags took advantage of the situation, but basically, rioting happens when people get ****** off. No jobs, migrants flocking in - happy to work for minimum wage. Disabled and sick people told they must work, WHAT A BLOODY JOKE !!!!!!

Why do people riot when we have a Tory government ?? I wonder why.

Swift justice is almost always bad justice, as the next few weeks and months will illustrate only too clearly. Will Cameron also try and use political rhetoric to pressure judges at the inevitable endless round of appeals that will take place? If there was a way to sort this out without demonising people it should have been looked at. Some very big mistakes being made right now.

Swift justice is almost always bad justice, as the next few weeks and months will illustrate only too clearly. Will Cameron also try and use political rhetoric to pressure judges at the inevitable endless round of appeals that will take place? If there was a way to sort this out without demonising people it should have been looked at. Some very big mistakes being made right now.

I don't doubt it but it needed/needs to be done. Putting a tag on them or sticking them on bail to do if again the next night couldn't be allowed to happen. These are, hopefully, once in a decade experience.

I don't doubt it but it needed/needs to be done. Putting a tag on them or sticking them on bail to do if again the next night couldn't be allowed to happen.

Oh you mean like this millionaire's daughter was allowed to do..

Among those to appear in court were:

article-2024396-0D62703E00000578-798_306x423.jpg Millionaire's daughter: Laura Johnson, 19, was charged with stealing £5,000-worth of electronic goods including TVs and mobile phones

THE GRAMMAR GIRL: Millionaire's daughter Laura Johnson, 19, was charged with stealing £5,000-worth of electronic goods, including a Toshiba TV, Goodmans TV, microwave and mobile phones.

The goods were allegedly found in a car being driven by Miss Johnson after a branch of Comet in Charlton, south-east London, was raided.

Bexleyheath magistrates heard that a 'public order kit' of balaclava, gloves and a bandana was also found in the car.

Miss Johnson attended St Olave's Grammar School in Orpington, Kent, the fourth best performing state school in the country, after transferring from its sister school Newstead Wood.

She achieved A*s in French, English literature, classical civilisation and geography A-levels, and is now studying English and Italian at Exeter University.

Her parents, Robert and Lindsay Johnson, live in a large detached farmhouse in Orpington. It has extensive grounds and a tennis court. They sold their previous house, near Greenwich, for £930,000 in 2006.

Miss Johnson's parents, who supported her in court, run Avongate, a direct marketing company.

Her father is a businessman with directorships in several companies. He was a director in a company that took over the Daily Sport and Sunday Sport newspapers in 2007.

During her schooling, Miss Johnson offered her services as a tutor. On a website she wrote: 'I was a student at Newstead Wood School for girls and gained four A*s and nine A grades at GCSE.'

Miss Johnson indicated a plea of not guilty to five counts of burglary and was granted bail on condition that she does not associate with the two men allegedly found with her.

She must wear an electronic tag, submit to a curfew between 7pm and 6am and not enter any London postcode. She is due to return to court on September 21.

Camberwell Green magistrates heard that a 17-year-old and Alexander Elliot-Joahill, 18, were allegedly passengers in the car. Both were denied bail and will next appear on September 7.

article-2024396-0D62956A00000578-267_634x384.jpg Country pile: Laura Johnson's home in Orpington which has extensive grounds and a tennis court

It's not just swift, but unequal justice.. basically if you're not rich, you're denied bail and given insane sentences..

Archived