Tax break imminent for those on high earnings?

Blinkered or what.

Because you are avoiding tax by paying into that plan. Is it okay for you, but not for anyone else? Or is it just that you'll decide which ways of reducing your tax burden are acceptable and which are not?

Your argument is defective. Most people save into their pension because they are saving for a pension. They are not doing it to avoid tax - the tax avoidance in itself is not the key reason for doing it.

You don't, you avoid some tax by paying into a pension. You've said as much already.

Or if you disagree and think you do pay the correct amount of tax, then I do the same, the correct amount being that which the rules say we must both pay.

Your argument that there is some sort of "natural" amount that we should pay is nonsensical, we both pay what we can legally get away with paying, you don't contribute extra (you've denied it several times when asked) and neither do I. So what exactly is your objection to small business owners taking dividends? They're hardly fiddling the system are they!

It's exactly what you're doing though..you'rre taking advantage of a tax vehicle to increase your pension...why is it OK for you to do it and not other people?

Anybody can. The government wants us to.

Now why does that make it immoral for me to use the NHS?

Your argument is defective. Most people save into their pension because they are saving for a pension. They are not doing it to avoid tax - the tax avoidance in itself is not the key reason for doing it.

Why don't people just pay into a savings account then..? They could pick an ethical one if they wanted..

You don't, you avoid some tax by paying into a pension. You've said as much already.

Or if you disagree and think you do pay the correct amount of tax, then I do the same, the correct amount being that which the rules say we must both pay.

Your argument that there is some sort of "natural" amount that we should pay is nonsensical, we both pay what we can legally get away with paying, you don't contribute extra (you've denied it several times when asked) and neither do I. So what exactly is your objection to small business owners taking dividends? They're hardly fiddling the system are they!

No, I pay my income tax and use the tax system the way it was intended to be used. You deliberately seek to avoid paying your fair share.

One is a virtuous means of tax avoidance encouraged by the government and not necessarily done in an attempt to avoid tax. The other is deliberately done to avoid tax.

The first one is pensions savings by the way ;)

Lol, I should get the popcorn, it could be a long afternoon trying to explain the blindingly obvious to you, as you're convinced that what you do is okay and what someone else does is not. There is no logic behind your argument, it's just a statement.

According to you;

Pension = valid

Dividends = avoidance

In reality they're both 'encouraged' by the government, the government passed the laws that made them both possible, the government set the rules on how they would be taxed. Neither is some sort of loophole that is being exploited. It just so happens that dividends mean paying a lower overall % than PAYE, and because you've decided that you pay the "correct" amount you declare that dividends must be wrong.

You need to read my posts I'm not repeating myself again..you're losing this one...

No I'm not. You still haven't explained it.

To take your argument to it's logical conclusion it would be immoral for anybody who bought VAT-free clothes for their kids to use the NHS. Your argument is nonsense.

Archived