Tax break imminent for those on high earnings?

No, I pay my income tax and use the tax system the way it was intended to be used. You deliberately seek to avoid paying your fair share.

Are you saying that dividends are not a way that the tax system was supposed to work? Really, you think that?

No I'm not. You still haven't explained it.

To take your argument to it's logical conclusion it would be immoral for anybody who bought VAT-free clothes for their kids to use the NHS. Your argument is nonsense.

No, your argument is nonsense because the basis of it is that you've decided what is and what isn't allowed. There is nothing more solid under your argument than the assertion that you pay the correct amount of tax and that people who pay less are in the wrong.

No I'm not. You still haven't explained it.

To take your argument to it's logical conclusion it would be immoral for anybody who bought VAT-free clothes for their kids to use the NHS. Your argument is nonsense.

It's your argument not mine.. you're the one who brought the word immoral into it not me...I said I didn't think there was a problem with people using the NHS...you're castigating people for using the tax system yet you are using it also to get relief on your pension contributions..how much more simple can it get..you're bringing a non-existant argument up with regard to the NHS...you benefit from the current tax regime yet think it's wrong for others to do the same..

No, your argument is nonsense because the basis of it is that you've decided what is and what isn't allowed. There is nothing more solid under your argument than the assertion that you pay the correct amount of tax and that people who pay less are in the wrong.

I've already stated above that my view is that people should pay the amount of income tax that their tax band says they should, employed or self-employed. I've explained the reasons - services, social contract etc...

You've decided to structure your company's finances so you pay minimal income tax, and a lesser rate on dividends. That is not the same as buying VAT-free clothes for kids. One is immoral, the other could be described as virtuous.

Do you think it is immoral for people who buy VAT-free clothes for their kids to use the NHS?

Archived