My first bill and im sure gas it wrong

I only moved into this house a few weeks ago, gave them the meter readings and have recieved my first bills, electric £63.23 which is fine but gas is £269.14

It states on the summery that the last reading was a customer reading for electric, but on the gas it says estimate, so im wondering if i could be paying for the previous tenents gas.

If i had been using gas i could understand it but ive hardly used it, ive had no central heating on or used the fire because its been too warm, and ive only used my cooker a couple of times because i eat out a lot, if i do cook i tend to use the health grill and micowave.

I have tried to contact my supplier npower, but the line is always busy, so i leave a message and they dont call back.

Any advice would be welcomed.

no it says estimate, even though i gave them the reading.

So what is the difference between their estimated reading "from" and your reading "from"?

If you give us their estimated reading .."From-to", and your reading "From-to" the correct amount can be calculated.

So what is the difference between their estimated reading "from" and your reading "from"?

If you give us their estimated reading .."From-to", and your reading "From-to" the correct amount can be calculated.

I cant find the readings i took, and cant understand why they did it from an estimate, they did the electric right but not the gas. If i ever get to speak to them im going to ask them.

Then calculate your daily consumption and multiply that by how many days you've been in residence, that will give you an average. Any left over will be their estimate. It wont be spot on but it may give you an indicator.

They have to use a real reading for the date you moved in, they weren't allowed to change the name on it until they had one (I worked for Yorkshire then npower, until a few years ago, though I suppose it could have changed)

I'd contact them first, tell them you gave them the reading and they need to find the recording that was relevant, or else you will be taking your complaint to the regulator.

Thankyou, i will tell them that if i ever get to speak to them.

I know the couple that had the house before me left a lot of debt behind, so im wondering if im paying for there gas.

They have to use a real reading for the date you moved in, they weren't allowed to change the name on it until they had one (I worked for Yorkshire then npower, until a few years ago, though I suppose it could have changed)

I'd contact them first, tell them you gave them the reading and they need to find the recording that was relevant, or else you will be taking your complaint to the regulator.

If that's still the case then wouldn't the existing bill be null and void? and have to start a new account?

Archived