Happy Independance Day - Pakistan

They supplied us with huge amounts of badly needed war materials both free and at massively discounted rates iirc at about 90% discount. Even with that discount we were given decades to pay off the loan at a nominal rate of interest.

And it was given with their own best interests in mind along with the US pressing the Japanese with ever increasing demands which drove them into attacking the US which gave the US an excuse to entre the war.

The US didn't send gear over out of the goodness of their hearts they had an ulterior motive that any person with an ounce of gorm is aware of.

We were not reliant on overseas aid!Overseas countries that consisted of the Allies were fighting for themselves not us.

Had they not joined in on the allies side and allowed the Axis to succeed they themsleves would have soon been conquered by the Axis powers, that thought alone was enough incentive.

Also Australia was reluctant at first to take part but the rumblings in South East Asia soon made the change their minds.

To a large extent they were. Shortly after the German invasion of Russia in June 1941 Stalin joined Churchill and Chinese Nationalist leader Chiang Kai-Shek in pressing Roosevelt for miltary aid of all kinds

Stalin particularly needed anti-aircraft guns, large machine guns and rifles and later high octane fuel and alumnium

Evidence to support this claim please.
You are joking of course or are you blind to the Russian tanks, jets, SAM missiles etc that all the Arab countries received including Iraq.

Aren't you aware of the captured Russian tanks brought the UK from the middle east to test our Anti Tank munitions on, my nephew as a Challenger tank driver took part in testing these weapons.

You are joking of course or are you blind to the Russian tanks, jets, SAM missiles etc that all the Arab countries received including Iraq.

Aren't you aware of the captured Russian tanks brought the UK from the middle east to test our Anti Tank munitions on, my nephew as a Challenger tank driver took part in testing these weapons.

Can you point to those armaments to Arab countries as aid rather than sales?

Your family dunt arf get around.

Well it certainly wasn't me who side tracked it I'm only answering the person who did.

No no, i'm asking if this is that part of India which was given away! As I call it!

I've heard enough about the arms race on TV to know about that, but never researched it online.

Evidence to support this claim please.

He said evidence, not idle chit chat..:hihi:

And it was given with their own best interests in mind along with the US pressing the Japanese with ever increasing demands which drove them into attacking the US which gave the US an excuse to entre the war.

The US didn't send gear over out of the goodness of their hearts they had an ulterior motive that any person with an ounce of gorm is aware of.

There was a considerable fear in Washington that should Hitler prevail in all of Europe and the Japanese in south-east Asia that America would be isolated surrounded by two hug hostile blocs

Until Roosevelt could overcome all the obstacles of obstructionists, isolationists, getting Congress to pass the Selective Service act which empowered the military to start the call up, get industry on a complete war footing he was counting on (and probably praying at the same time) that the aid he sent would enable the British and the Russians to hold off Hitler until

such time that the US would become involved.

There was very little "ulterior motive" about it at all.

Archived