Happy Independance Day - Pakistan

Can you point to those armaments to Arab countries as aid rather than sales?.

Can you prove otherwise considering the amount of military equipment supplied and the financial state of most Arab countries?

Your family dunt arf get around.

If that comment is regarding being in HM Forces yes, my brother and I both served in the same regiment we also have three nephews and a niece who've all served in HM Forces

As I thought. Can't see the Russians (with their new found capitalist way of thinking) giving anything away.
What you obviously can't or don't want to see are the dates, how long is it since the former Soviet union collapsed?

The arabs states were armed by the Soviets all throughout the cold war period.

And it was given with their own best interests in mind along with the US pressing the Japanese with ever increasing demands which drove them into attacking the US which gave the US an excuse to entre the war.

The US didn't send gear over out of the goodness of their hearts they had an ulterior motive that any person with an ounce of gorm is aware of.

:huh: But I never claimed that they aided us "out of the goodness of their hearts" did I?

I simply claimed that they aided us. Why don't you try responding to what people actually post.

Can you prove otherwise considering the amount of military equipment supplied and the financial state of most Arab countries?

What do I have to prove? You made the initial claim. Now you back peddle with what the Russians did before the wall came down.

Russia does not supply Arab States with state of the art technology as aid..it sells it. China does not need aid yet Russia is one of its major suppliers of armaments...you think they give it to them?

As I said in another reply those are post Soviet Union figures, in the soviet union days arms were supplied willy nilly to any anti western country going way back to Korea.

I'm only half following, wasn't looking at dates... Does this show what you mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Soviet_Union#Foreign_military_aid

Archived