Happy Independance Day - Pakistan

You are joking of course or are you blind to the Russian tanks, jets, SAM missiles etc that all the Arab countries received including Iraq.

Aren't you aware of the captured Russian tanks brought the UK from the middle east to test our Anti Tank munitions on, my nephew as a Challenger tank driver took part in testing these weapons.

How are these vague allusions supposed to be evidence that US aid to Israel is:

"A fraction of the aid/arms supplied by the Soviet Bloc to all the surrounding Arab states"

Besides I don't even think your backtracked claim is correct as the Saudis for example seem to have predominantly US supplied kit.

What do I have to prove? You made the initial claim. Now you back peddle with what the Russians did before the wall came down.

Russia does not supply Arab States with state of the art technology as aid..it sells it. China does not need aid yet Russia is one of its major suppliers of armaments...you think they give it to them?

Once again you're deliberately ignoring the facts, which are that throughout the cold war period the Soviets supplied the Arabs states with most of their millitary equipment.

And yes they supplied their latest tanks and Sam misslies and modern jets as they did north vietnam free of charge.

They may charge today but my initial response was about someone posting about US aid to Israel to which I quite correctly pointed out that the Soviets not todays Russia supplied all the Arab countries with far more military hardware than the Israelis ever received from the US.

Now please read and cut out the sarcasm.

Once again you're deliberately ignoring the facts, which are that throughout the cold war period the Soviets supplied the Arabs states with most of their millitary equipment.

And yes they supplied their latest tanks and Sam misslies and modern jets as they did north vietnam free of charge.

Yet more wild claims, evidence to substantiate them please.

They may charge today but my initial response was about someone posting about US aid to Israel to which I quite correctly pointed out that the Soviets not todays Russia supplied all the Arab countries with far more military hardware than the Israelis ever received from the US.

Now please read and cut out the sarcasm.

If it's a correct claim then why haven't you provided any evidence to back it up?

If it's a correct claim then why haven't you provided any evidence to back it up?

I believe this does...

I'm only half following, wasn't looking at dates... Does this show what you mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Soviet_Union#Foreign_military_aid

What do I have to prove? You made the initial claim. Now you back peddle with what the Russians did before the wall came down.

This is my intial comment at Post#20 I suggest you go back and read it before putting your foot in you mouth again

A fraction of the aid/arms supplied by the Soviet Bloc to all the surrounding Arab states

Now which part of 'Soviet Bloc' as opposed to todays Russia don't you understand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by plekhanov

I believe this does...

I'm only half following, wasn't looking at dates... Does this show what you mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...n_military_aid

Satisfied or do you want serial numbers as well?

Where exactly in your link does it state that the value of Soviet aid to Arab nations completely dwarfs US aid to Israel?

Your source isn't even restricted to aid but "the sale or provision of weapons."

Classic version of clutching at straws or splitting hairs to defend a lost cause.

Archived