Happy Independance Day - Pakistan

Classic version of clutching at straws or splitting hairs to defend a lost cause.

All that link does it list countries that the USSR sold or gave weapons to. It in now way substantiates your clam that US aid to Israel is:

"A fraction of the aid/arms supplied by the Soviet Bloc to all the surrounding Arab states"

I believe this does...

I'm only half following, wasn't looking at dates... Does this show what you mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...n_military_aid

Satisfied or do you want serial numbers as well?

What I'd like is evidence to back your claim. Does that link have a measure of the value of this Soviet aid? Does it state the value of US aid to Israel?

You know very well that it provides neither adn as such completely fails to provide evidence for your initial claim.

Where exactly in your link does it state that the value of Soviet aid to Arab nations completely dwarfs US aid to Israel?

Your source isn't even restricted to aid but "the sale or provision of weapons."

This is a bit more specific...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths/mf23.html

I've only read points 1 and 2... But! Also note that it's a Jewish website...

All that link does it list countries that the USSR sold or gave weapons to. It in now way substantiates your clam that US aid to Israel is:

"A fraction of the aid/arms supplied by the Soviet Bloc to all the surrounding Arab states"

Bassman is totting up all the weapons supplied to ALL the Arab nations as one, as an argument that Israel receives less as an individual nation. Using that logic he may as well add nations that are non Arabic and lump them in too, to distort his figures? even further.

This is a bit more specific...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths/mf23.html

I've only read points 1 and 2... But! Also note that it's a Jewish website...

jewishvirtuallibrary.org is a zionist propaganda site far more interested in spreading myths that debunking them. You could hardly find a less reliable source if you tried.

Bassman is totting up all the weapons supplied to ALL the Arab nations as one, as an argument that Israel receives less as an individual nation. Using that logic he may as well add nations that are non Arabic and lump them in too, to distort the figures even further.

He isn't even doing that he's simply saying "these nations received arms" and simply assuming that the value of those arms completely dwarfs those given to Israel with no information at all about what arms each side received. He hasn't got any figures to "tot up".

He isn't even doing that he's simply saying "these nations received arms" and simply assuming that the value of those arms completely dwarfs those given to Israel with no information at all about what arms each side received. He hasn't got any figures to "tot up".

Well, there are two sets of figures. Bassmans and factual...we're running with bassmans "figures" at mo. Frustrating as that is.

Archived