Self cert mortgages .. can you still get them?

Has any self employd people managed to get 1 of these latey? Years ago we got 1 but then with the state of the banks and lending etc.. i know they stopd. Later we bought a dooer upper and have been stuck here and i desperatly want out. If we used this house as calateral would we be able to get a new morgage say for 180,000 ?

I don't know but if you already have a mortgage with Woolwich and want to borrow more for home improvements I know that they will lend you whatever you ask for and don't require a valuation of your property to check the loan to value percentage (we didn't borrow irresponsibly in that situation but I'm sure others would). They seem to have learned nothing from the financial crisis.

Has any self employd people managed to get 1 of these latey? Years ago we got 1 but then with the state of the banks and lending etc.. i know they stopd. Later we bought a dooer upper and have been stuck here and i desperatly want out. If we used this house as calateral would we be able to get a new morgage say for 180,000 ?

Mortgages for the self employed still exist, I get advertising emails for them occasionally.

They'll require proof of your business income though, normally that means at least 3 years of accounts.

As to the amount, that entirely depends on your income doesn't it!

For 180k, you'd need to be looking at a net income of approx 60k.

http://www.contractorcalculator.co.uk/Contractor_Mortgages.aspx

Lots of info here.

Archived