Is David Starkey Right ?

just finished 3 day ban for saying what starkey said.

Well under those circumstances I can see that therte is no way you can elaborate on your generalisations about 'black culture'.

Although it might look to some people that you were talking out the wrong hole and are subsequently unable to elaborate without showing your ignorance on the subject, that is not the case.

The truth is, you have fallen foul of Forum rules, which have been drawn up as part of a Marxist/PC plot to silence people such as yourself, and subsequently fear a further ban. Is that it??

The truth is, you have fallen foul of Forum rules, which have been drawn up as part of a Marxist/PC plot to silence people such as yourself, and subsequently fear a further ban. Is that it??

Sounds about right, never any warnings, never any specifics as to why the ban was enforced when queried.

Another observation in relation to blaming rap music. The older generations have always blamed the ills of society on the music listened to by the young. I remember that the late Elvis Presley was presented as the devil. Then there's all the hidden satanic messages in heavy metal music. The Sex Pistols? etc.

We'd be in a sorry state if the music of the young was very much approved by us old fogies....:)

There's only one thing wrong with that statement. Your claim that rap = music!:D

In your post (which is a good un btw) you do allude to something else. Gangster rap wasn't invented 5 years ago. Try at least 20, as the top tunes that you quoted, nwa's straight outta Compton is being pushed by iTunes at the moment f the police and all. As a white teenager I used to listen to that on my Walkman when I did my paperround. Note I said "paper round" not "drive by shooting " or "drug dealing". Me and my friends have, on the whole, gone on to lead productive lives and not a youth centre or social worker in sight.

It's a good point well made. I also must confess to have owned as a young man on viynal The Predator, Death Certificate, Fear of a Black Planet, Straight Outta Compton, Original Gangster etc and never did a drive by or pimped a bitch. It is possible to like the beat and not agree with the lyrics, however clearly not everyone does make that distinction and given what we have seen recently it might be appropriate to consider looking at the lyrics and toning them down a tad as we seem to have poeple in this generation both black and white who take them a tad literally.

We'd be in a sorry state if the music of the young was very much approved by us old fogies....:)

What a sight it will be seing this younger generation in wheelchairs ,drooling from the mouth in nursing homes, tapping their feet to rap music :love: Ah! I remember those good old days when music was music :)

Archived