Is David Starkey Right ?

Most thugs I see and know of all races do all seem to be into Grime music and rap, especially the type which promotes criminality...

They're also into Jeremy Kyle, clothes made of synthetic fabrics, relentless X-Box game play and frozen ready meals of limited nutritional value..however one or all of these features isn't representative of any race any more than 'grime music and rap' is indicative of black culture, I'm black and couldn't tell you anything about this aspect of the popular music scene.

They're also into Jeremy Kyle, clothes made of synthetic fabrics, relentless X-Box game play and frozen ready meals of limited nutritional value..however one or all of these features isn't representative of any race any more than 'grime music and rap' is indicative of black culture, I'm black and couldn't tell you anything about this aspect of the popular music scene.

What daft observations.

Also re-read my sentence and you'll see I discount race.

However you can't deny a lot of rap music promotes crime! :rolleyes:

What daft observations.
As daft as your statement without an explanation why.

Also re-read my sentence and you'll see I discount race.

I never suggested you claimed otherwise.

However you can't deny a lot of rap music promotes crime! :rolleyes:

I didn't, what I said was it isn't representative of "blacks" or "black culture", which is a connection Starkey was trying to make. I've no interest in 'rap music' I don't like it and I don't understand it, so Im not about to defend it.

As daft as your statement without an explanation why.

I never suggested you claimed otherwise.

I didn't, what I said was it isn't representative of "blacks" or "black culture", which is a connection Starkey was trying to make. I've no interest in 'rap music' I don't like it and I don't understand it, so Im not about to defend it.

Well, your previous response to me was a little odd then, because that's the way you came across...

I'm not black, I don't live in a New York ghetto, I'm not a member of a gang, I don't do or deal drugs, I'm not a pimp nor do I have a harem of "ho's" I don't own a gun or act in a criminal fashion in my normal daily life.

What has "gangsta rap" got to do with me or anyone who shares my very "normal" background. How and why has this "culture" entered our lives to such a great effect?

Archived