Wetherspoons price increases

I can only comment on the new Eccy Road one. Staff are very friendly and polite there. It's clean, tidy and food is not too bad (it is what it is). It seems to attract a better crowd in this one than the type of people you usually hear only ever frequent Wetherspoons'.

I'm a Wetherspoons regular, in fact a couple of Saturday's ago I did all 8 in Sheffield in the day.....Now that's dedication. :hihi:

The beer has crept up in price, but I think that is true of all pubs and therefore it still remains much better value at Wetherspoons than anywhere else (Yes I know about Sam Smith's, but you don't get the variety there).

From a food point of view I do think their prices have risen relative to other pubs. At one time it was considerably cheaper for a meal at Wetherspoons, but these days I would say there isn't much difference with somewhere like Cubley Hall and Wetherspoons.

Regards

Doom

Has anyone seen the new prices for Wetherspoons. Went in the Benjamin Huntsman this weekend and the prices have increased considerably. I think it must be the tax and the smoking ban thats done it.

The foods not that cheep either.

How have you come to the conclusion that the smoking ban (which has been in place for about 4 years) has had any impact on prices?

I wonder if people are ever going to get over the fact that they cant smoke and poison others with second hand smoke any more....

I've noticed a lot of things in the shops have increased 10% this week, some of them had increased 10% the week before.

Copper coins are made out of steel (Or should I say steal?).

By the time you get to the shop the £20 note in your pocket only buys you £18 worth of stuff.

spoons is an ideal meeting place for an early one ! before the 11am usual opening hours else where, the town centre spoons are certainly not my cup of tea, have yet to try the Sheaf Island, but it does tick a few boxes.

Rotherham has 3 spoons in the centre! avoid Rhinos !! chav central!

With pubs like the Sheaf View and Blake Hotel serving good real ale at £2 a pint the £1.80 in spoons does not reflect such great value for money. Spoons serve a purpose but not everyones ideal pub.

Archived