Motivation tips?

Hi,

Joined a gym, went for bout 2 months, now not been been for a few months. I want the results but I just cant seem to find the right motivation to get off my butt and do it.

So I'm just wondering if any body has some useful tips and advice?

Cheers

Hi,

Joined a gym, went for bout 2 months, now not been been for a few months. I want the results but I just cant seem to find the right motivation to get off my butt and do it.

Cheers

My motivation is that the membership cost is automatically taken from my Credit Card each month if I use the gym or not, they don't make it easy to cancell your membership either...so I've heard, so I pop in now and then :)

Hi,

Cheers

You're fat and you're going to die unless you get off your lardy arse and do some exercise. Ya fat *******.

jb

Try and find a training partner and try to talk about exercise with the people around you at work etc.

That's the best advice on here.

I've been overweight all my life and the only way I managed to stick to gym long enough to swap the flab for timber was by getting a training partner. I was the one who gee'd him on in the gym when he was struggling but he had no idea how much he helped my just by being my partner and spotter.

I have, in the last 3 years banged all that flab back on, but I've just joined Virgin Active in Woodseats and I'm loving the gym. Unfortunately my partner lives in Barnsley (as did I when I was training last) so I am partnerless atm. Which gym you joined?

Go and buy some amazing clothes in the size you are aiming to be. Hang them up in the bedroom so you see them everytime you go in there. Set a realistic target of when you could be that size and stick to it.

Take a full length picture of yourself in a bikini, print it out and stick it on the fridge door.

The combination of the two should be enough to keep you going.

Also, vary your training routine for better results. Your body gets too used to the same old.

Good luck!

PS if you are female you may not be able to lose enough weight through exercise alone, you have to eat less as well.

You ought to become a personal trainer.

Some people will pay £30 a session for that kind of advise (I'm not joking) :D

Tell me youre joking? its like that woman on TV who comes into your house with a black bin bag, rips all your photos down, shoves everything smaller than a chair into the bag and charges you £300 for de-cluttering.

Im in the wrong job!

Archived