Moral collapse

Depends whether you classify engineering an illegal war which led to a death toll variously estimated between 60,000 and 200,000 as 'killing people'.

Ah so it was a belated stop the war riot ! I'm guessing that if the UN backed the death toll, tragic as it is, would be ok ?

I'm not saying mps are nice and trustworthy and they never have been. Excuse for rioting ? Half of them don't know whose in power !

Ah so it was a belated stop the war riot ! I'm guessing that if the UN backed the death toll, tragic as it is, would be ok ?

Ahh, you are guessing! Wrong, I'm afraid. Let me have a go. I'm guessing you are a Vietnamese buffalo vendor who supports forced euthanasia but is kind to cats? Your turn.

Did the mps kill people ? I don't think they killed people. No, they didn't kill people. I don't think they burnt down businesses and cars, but I don't get the telegraph, so can't confirm. They did spend tax payers money though, through the worst expenses framework known to man, one that if I used it in my business for tax purposes I'd be in jail.

One point, the money they spent (which in the bigger scheme of things wasn't billions however repugnant it was) was spent on joiners ( for a duckhouse! ) and hotels and put money in other tax payers pockets who then paid tax on it

Dont think the rioters are. Drug dealers might do ok though. They might not pay tax though

Dr David Kelly?

Ahh, you are guessing! Wrong, I'm afraid. Let me have a go. I'm guessing you are a Vietnamese buffalo vendor who supports forced euthanasia but is kind to cats? Your turn.

Sorry, I got sidetracked and now you've lost me. I'm quickly wondering off the topic here. So back on.

Mps over the last few years are not the reason for our moral decay, in so much people aren't copying their actions. You could argue the lefties haven't cracked it with libralism, or you could argue they haven't done enough and have been thwarted by the daily mail/sun or whoever and tide of popular opinion. I know people don't fear authority much now, and will trust in a legal team rather than cough for a fair cop - unless they get a reduced sentence.

Others might point to immigration or maybe the working class don't have a party who represents them since labour aimed for the middle classes (as they actually vote). Maybe it's the schools, maybe it's the eu or health and safety but it aint directly caused by mps actions.

Sorry, I got sidetracked and now you've lost me. I'm quickly wondering off the topic here. So back on.

Mps over the last few years are not the reason for our moral decay, in so much people aren't copying their actions. You could argue the lefties haven't cracked it with libralism, or you could argue they haven't done enough and have been thwarted by the daily mail/sun or whoever and tide of popular opinion. I know people don't fear authority much now, and will trust in a legal team rather than cough for a fair cop - unless they get a reduced sentence.

Others might point to immigration or maybe the working class don't have a party who represents them since labour aimed for the middle classes (as they actually vote). Maybe it's the schools, maybe it's the eu or health and safety but it aint directly caused by mps actions.

Be that as it may, the point which I - and quite a few other people - have made is that MPs are in no position to lead us from our moral poverty into the light. Whether people have copied their example or not, the fact remains that - as a group - they have all the moral authority of a pimp's convention.

Be that as it may, the point which I - and quite a few other people - have made is that MPs are in no position to lead us from our moral poverty into the light. Whether people have copied their example or not, the fact remains that - as a group - they have all the moral authority of a pimp's convention.

Ok, let's say I agree with you (I don't) and mps are the root of our moral dcay and can't be trusted to reverse it. Who does ? Religion ? The catholic church hasn't had alot of good press lately. Would they listen to them ? Probably the media would have the greatest influence, but who dictate that ? Murdoch ? If not who do want to fix it ?

I'm genuinely interested in your answers.

Ok, let's say I agree with you (I don't) and mps are the root of our moral dcay and can't be trusted to reverse it. Who does ? Religion ? The catholic church hasn't had alot of good press lately. Would they listen to them ? Probably the media would have the greatest influence, but who dictate that ? Murdoch ? If not who do want to fix it ?

I'm genuinely interested in your answers.

MPs are undoubtedly in the best position to reverse the 'moral decay', but what they just don't grasp is that they will have to start in their own camp. Which MP is going to vote to make themselves more accountable and more open to legal sanction, in light of the fact that many - if not most - build their careers on practicing how to use their power to avoid accountability?

It is a catch 22 situation. Our politicians are in denial about the unprecedented levels of public dissilusionment at their cliched antics, and neither do they want to switch to acting for the greater good rather than in their own interests and those of the partisan groups which they really represent. But unless and until they clean up their act, none of them, from any party are going to command the levels of public support needed to tackle the complex and serious long term problems which will otherwise only get worse.

Archived