Sheffield Forum- size?

According to some data that I saw recently (and I can't actually remember where) SF is the largest geographically based community forum in Europe.

There are surprisingly few large community forums around actually. Most places have a forum and when I joined SF I just assumed that every city would have a large forum like SF but what seems to happen is that somebody starts a forum and they fail after 2-3 years so there's a limited size that any new forum can attain in that time, whereas SF shows what happens when the forum gets large enough that it comes up on geographical web searches routinely.

Does that include the many posters we have from outside of the UK?

Does that include the many posters we have from outside of the UK?

Well, if you Google for anything including the word 'Sheffield' it is likely that SF will come up on page 1 of your search, page 2 if you're really unlucky, and there's no restriction on where in the world you can search for our lovely city so people from all over the world are likely to happen across SF as soon as they click 'search'.

The 'largest' tag comes purely from being a general interest community forum, not because of specific location.

For the record, we have no issue with people all over the world congregating on SF :)

Well, there's nowhere apart from all over the world that people can congregate.

well if you want to be really pedantic they could congregate from the ISS if they wanted ;)

Archived