Does anybody know of any tests for find out your ethnic origin?

You can see the origin of someone by something called the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) when people have organ transplants you have to match these up if not the organ will be rejected (Its called HLA typing).

bit about HLA on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_leukocyte_antigen

Doesn't mention about showing peoples origin but I have a friend who is an HLA typer

If you have dark hair you're probably descended from the Normans; if red or blonde, you likely have some Viking blood in you.

Beyond that, I can't help. :hihi:

The Normans were themselves descended from the Vikings, the name Normans itself originates from old Latin or French or a combination of both to mean Scandinavian or Viking.

I wouldn't recommend using any commercial service for this type of DNA work. Even when used forensically this is still very much an experimental field and requires bespoke research doing; having read the vague information provided on that link the information you get for £59 is essentially meaningless.

Archived