Watching TV is worse than smoking.

What is the main reason behind this why watching TV is so much harmful for us?

and why it is more harmful than smoking..?

Watching TV is not harmful.* As Cyclone points out the research only proves correlation and not causation.

It's lack of exercise that's harmful.

* I do have concerns about The X-Factor though.

Watching TV is not harmful.* As Cyclone points out the research only proves correlation and not causation.

It's lack of exercise that's harmful.

* I do have concerns about The X-Factor though.

Well thank you so much quisquose for the nice information.

I thought the interesting thing about this report was the data about how much tv people (supposedly) watch. Where on earth do they find the time? Ok if you're unemployed or retired you're going to have more free time on your hands, but for a working person they must spend practically every minute they are in the house with the tv on - which of course doesn't necessarily mean they are watching it, just because it's on... Personally I only turn on the tv if there is something I specifically want to watch, I'd never have it on just as "background noise"

Just logged on to the Metro website this morning and this story caught my eye!

Apparently watching TV for one hour is worse for your health than smoking. Every cigarette smoked is said to reduce your life expectancy by 11mins compared to 22mins for every hour of TV watched!!

Just think about that next time you sit down to watch your 5hrs of X Factor a week! You've just reduced your life span by 110 mins, just under 2 hours!!!

Whoever said TV is bad for your health to THAT extent is clearly :loopy:

OK I know that too much TV is bad for your eyes, but to suggest it lessens your life expectancy? Eh?! :loopy:

Archived