Airport Luggage Allowance

Can your 23kg be made up of more than one bag? ie. 15kg in one and 8kg in the other?

Generally you can take one item of hand luggage and one item of hold luggage. Your hand luggage is usually on a size restriction and rarely gets weighed so stuff as much crap into it as you can. go over on your checked in luggage and your looking at pretty hefty fees to cover the excess. For the avoidance of doubt you should check with which ever airline you are traveling with.

jb

Its not an airport luggage allowance, its an airline luggage allowance. Each can differ quite a lot. Check the rules of the airline you're flying with, they should publish them on their website.

Just as a point of reference, and to show that they do differ (from what people have said above), on my last flight I could take 32kg, over as many bags as I wished, but one bag could weigh no more than 29kg. Excess baggage fees are harsh.

You were lucky with 29kg, when we checked in at Thomson we had to take some things out of one case as they said the baggage handlers cannot lift over 23kg I think it was.

Thats why I said to check. :) I had one bag that was 27kg and one that was 18kg. Thankfully my company was paying for my relocation, so the £650 additional baggage fee was covered by them.

Archived