Anyone been caught speeding - new bit of M1 with Gantry cameras?

I understand they are point to point camera's on the gantry's as Gatso can only be used where there are roadworks on the motorways? Thats as I understand it, but I stand corrected if anyone has any other information

They look like Gatso type cameras rather than SPECS (av. speed ones)...just like the ones on the M25....they also have the required graduated lines on the road...

If it was a safe speed I doubt that the unmarked cars would be interested...

That depends on your definition of safe. I know drivers who insist that they can drive safely at 120mph. If their name is Jenson Button, they may even be right, but I still wouldn't want them anywhere near me on a motorway.

That depends on your definition of safe. I know drivers who insist that they can drive safely at 120mph. If their name is Jenson Button, they may even be right, but I still wouldn't want them anywhere near me on a motorway.

I think that the police can judge whether someone is driving safely or not...the traffic and weather conditions will also dictate their decision...I've driven past police cars,both in full livery and plain,at an indicated 85 and had no problems with them...

Just to set the record straight, speed cameras are nothing to do with speed. The correct term for them should be "revenue collection cameras".

Regards

Angel.

Spot on .:thumbsup:

Motorists are the easy target to raise revenue. Pointing cameras at motorists is "Lazy" police work . Instead of getting off their backsides and actually doing some proper police work, they sit in their cars and vans harrassing motorists every day .

Spot on .:thumbsup:

Motorists are the easy target to raise revenue. Pointing cameras at motorists is "Lazy" police work . Instead of getting off their backsides and actually doing some proper police work, they sit in their cars and vans harrassing motorists every day .

They don't harass "motorists." They only harass law-breakers.

Archived