Jealousy with how people live

I have worked hard for where I am and what we do for our family, but there are always others who think differently of us. We are human beings just like everyone else. However because we choose to live in a nice area and spend what we earn on things we feel will bennifit our family we are outcasted. It makes me angry. We earn this so we do what we want with it!

I have worked hard for where I am and what we do for our family, but there are always others who think differently of us. We are human beings just like everyone else. However because we choose to live in a nice area and spend what we earn on things we feel will bennifit our family we are outcasted. It makes me angry. We earn this so we do what we want with it!

Outcasted by whom? The neighbours in your nice rea?

I don't mind being looked upon enviously by my neighbours at all; in fact I love it :)

When people work hard for what they have and there are others who are jealous of what they have got and achieved why is this?:huh:

I know exactly what you mean! Some people have even gone so far as to accuse me of exploitation! Luckily I was able to fire them all and move the whole operation to Bangladesh, where the work force accept less pay and are grateful for the opportunities with which I provide them.

Is there a difference between jealousy and envy?

The words are used concurrently, but I understand jealousy as a feeling that one is deprived of something that should be theirs, whereas envy is a feeling that one is deprived of something that they have no right to.

If a man is talking to my wife, then I could feel jealous that she is paying attention to him. If I see a man and his wife talking together and I have the same emotion, then I would feel envy.

It's a messy word, essentially. :)

Archived