Milton Keynes or Northampton? Where is best?

Myself and my partner are wanting to relocate before the end of the year.

After having discussions with his family members and from visiting the areas, my partner has decided that he wants to relocate to either Milton Keynes or Northampton.

We have numerous businesses and travel up and down the country a lot of the time, but this is going to be 'home'.

Now, my issue is that I am a 'Yorkshire Lass'. I was born here, raised here and the thought of leaving the place makes me quite sad. (Sounds pathetic I know)

I am not naive to the world and know it is good to spread your wings and explore different places etc.

So I would like to know if anyone has ever lived in either of those 2 places that could give me some feedback on them?

If so, what are the good & bad areas etc?

What are they like for business and/or socializing?

Any info would be much appreciated.

If you have to travel around the UK quite a bit, there's hardly anywhere better than Sheffield because it's quite central. Then again, it depends where most of your frequent visits occur ... but that can change.

Archived