Solar Panel Megathread

We have had many an argument on this forum about this and as Mr Peacock has stated, yes it is an investment.

18 panel system: £10k

Yearly FIT: £1000

System Pays for its self in 10 years.

15 Years @ £1000 = £15,000 profit.

PLUS: Lower energy bills on electricity generated: Average £200 saving per year x 25 = £5,000

Selling energy back to the grid: Average £2000 over 25 years

Total Profit to you: £22,000

If anyone would like a quote please visit us at: http://www.solar-roof-solutions.co.uk

In the UK, really? I haven't seen any solar panels on houses in Sheffield, I would be surprised... although with the expected rise of bills, I think we will start seeing a few pop up here and there very soon!

I know it sounds stupid, but Home base have a instillation kit:

homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HomebaseStaticPageSecondLevel?langId=110&storeId=10151&includeName=HBCreateTheLook/eh_solar.htm

I dont know what the quality is like, and I'm not to fond of home base products but it might be what you're looking for?

It doesnt sound too cheap though:

A typical example:

Cost of our home solar power system £11,150

Total savings on electricity bills £2,426

FiT generation payments £19,866

FiT export payments £721

Total profit £11,863

With a typical installation, you could break even in just under 13 years, giving you another 12 years of profit. You could make up to £700 in the first year alone and benefit from a typical annual rate of return of over 7%.

Edited by Tenants