Solar Panel Megathread

Of course if an industry can only work when supported by public money you have to question whether it's really viable or not in the first place...

So what do you suggest we do with the rail industry which has cost the taxpayer more in subsidies, per annum, since privatisation than it did when in the public sector?

And 27,000 people will die this winter due to the cold whilst we give aid to China who've just launched another rocket.

And 27,000 people will die this winter due to the cold whilst we give aid to India who have just hosted a grand Prix that 40% of the country couldn't afford to attend in a country that has more Billionairs than in the UK.

Anyone who swallows this "we can't afford it. it's to expensive" should be asking why.

27,000 people... In the UK?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5372296.stm

I didn't realise it was so high. Interesting analysis though, not people dying from hypothermia, but just from catching flu, or letting themselves get too cold waiting for the bus!

Edited by Cyclone

I was told by someone yesterday that the government will be stopping the funding for free solar panels from the beginning of December...

If you're signed up before the eighth of Dec you're ok, but after that you've no chance!

I was told by someone that works for one of the companies that fits these panels...

Has anyone heard anything about this..:)

I was told by someone yesterday that the government will be stopping the funding for free solar panels from the beginning of December...

If you're signed up before the eighth of Dec you're ok, but after that you've no chance!

I was told by someone that works for one of the companies that fits these panels...

Has anyone heard anything about this..:)

Sorry about the heading, it should read...free solar panels..:roll:

No, the government is cutting the payback that you get from selling the surplus energy to the national grid by a half.thus the scheme will take twice as long to pay for itself making it a far less attractive deal for investors.

Thanks rossyrooney, between you and my hubby i understand more now...:)