Solar Panel Megathread

The tarrif is being cut from 43.3p per kw to 21p.per kw from dec12 this year i think is the date instead of 37p per kw in April next year as was proposed.

I would like to thank the govt for stuffing my new business before it got started and costing me a lot of money i cant afford.

****ends!!!!!!!!

The tarrif is being cut from 43.3p per kw to 21p.per kw from dec12 this year i think is the date instead of 37p per kw in April next year as was proposed.

I would like to thank the govt for stuffing my new business before it got started and costing me a lot of money i cant afford.

****ends!!!!!!!!

A business that relied upon government subsidies was always going to going to be a risky venture.

Westernerphobe - A person or persons that have a fear of western ideals, society and people.

One could call someone who despises Europe and America due to capitalism a Westernerphobe.

A person who is afraid of peoples from western countries (Europe and America) could also be known as a Westernerphobe.

Someone from a more modest country may be described as a westernerphobe if they avoid all instances of public affection and/or nudity that are displayed commonly in a western country.

Could these be uses?

Its difficult as the initial cost depends on how many panels you have and also how much they cost.

Assuming the average cost of around £12,000 for a 3kw system and assuming on average it would produce around 2550 kWh per year then..

2550 x .21p = £535.50 FIT per year income, so around 22 years from just the FIT income.

Then you would need to factor in the savings in electricity which at present rates of .12p kWh could be around another £306 per annum saving. That means it could reduce to around 14 years or quicker as electricity costs will only continue to rise.

Also the cost of the individual panels are coming down due to uptake so as the get cheaper the cost could be recouped earlier.

I think I got those figures right.

I was told by someone yesterday that the government will be stopping the funding for free solar panels from the beginning of December...

If you're signed up before the eighth of Dec you're ok, but after that you've no chance!

I was told by someone that works for one of the companies that fits these panels...

Has anyone heard anything about this..:)

A Shade Greener announced on their Facebook page that they knew this would happen and they'd already planned for it and would continue fitting them for free:)

A business that relied upon government subsidies was always going to going to be a risky venture.

Ha ha ha, what a joke! The Government (i.e. the taxpayer) subsidises just about everything. Anyway, it isn't the Government, it's the power companies that have to pay - it's us who subsides it all - it works out about £1 a year at the mo, which I think is a small price to pay for my free leccy:hihi:

Until the cost of the panels come down I doubt it.

The other problem is they generate electricity when the sun shines and most people are out. The best thing people can do at the moment is reduce their consumption or pay the price.

Energy companies don't help either as they give discounts and reductions on the more you use. It should be discounts on the first units and then a higher charge for extra usage.

I've got free ones from A Shade Greener and I work full time too. I just make sure that I put everything on timers and I've cut my bills by nearly a half so it's definitely worth it for me.