Solar Panel Megathread

Im looking at getting a 4KW system installed (16 panels) how much should I expect to pay?

Having read this thread quite alot of you have bought them, how much have people paid for them?

And have you noticed a difference in your electricity bills?

Thanks

Try http://www.comparemysolar.co.uk

Prices have come down as there are dozens of companies have set up in recent months.

Early last year I paid £ 9,500 for a 2.45 Kw system.

The bills remain unaltered however I received a cheque for £ 820 for the first 7and half months supply during spring and summer.

They lost the appeal

They lost their right to appeal but the fight is still going on and the fit will remain at 21p, index linked, from April for systems fitted after 12th December 2011. The appeal process could last for months and if the government finally loses further appeals, which is looking like they will do, then systems fitted after the 12th and before the 3rd March, date currently be talked about but I could be wrong, will qualify for the 43.3p fit rate

They lost the appeal

I had to check, they were denied permission to appeal, but apparently can still request that permission directly

DECC has indicated it will now go directly to the Supreme Court to request permission to appeal.

seems to depend on which story you read though

The Government have lost it’s High Court appeal against plans to change rates for Solar Feed-In Tariffs.

Right, it lost the high court appeal, it was also denied permission to appeal to the supreme court, but is still asking directly for permission to do that! Not quite settled yet, but it seems fairly obvious which way the courts are leaning.

Edited by Cyclone

I had solar panels fitted a few years ago but then got forced to move house due to financial pressures and obviously wasn't able to take them with me! Make sure you know you are going to stay in your house for quite a number of years.

Ive been told there is no reason why you cant take the panels with you if you move house, if the person buying doesnt want to pay for them but realistically who wouldnt want to take over the yearly payments for nothing. Just add the money the panels stand you to to the price of the house.