Solar Panel Megathread

There's a massive thread already running which I'm sure someone will point out.

I've looked into this briefly and will again once we get into the new house.

If you can buy them outright then you'll get more money in return but will have to wait 5-8 years (depending on the system) until they pay for them selves.

Plenty of companies who will supply and fit the panels for free but they take a cut...

Most of the systems only allow the energy to be used during sunlight hours unless you get a battery/capacity system to store the harnessed electricity...

hi im seriously thinking of having solar panels to my roof it would be a 2.5kw 10 panel system and long story short it would save me half on electric bil of £50 a month ish and we would get a cheque sent to us of around £92 every 3 months , what are your thoughts to your solar system do you get the money sent that these companys promise , part of the £92 is government made up

also we would benefit from lower leccy bills only if we use stuff in the day , its a dusk till dawn system

the company is fenland solar ltd anyone had any dealing with this company

any advice would be great thanks

Hi Jamesey and the_rudeboy

I've just PMd you both with some information about how we can help.

Fenland Solar are based in Peterborough I think. If you have a price from them then get a couple of prices from local installers (me, me!) to compare.

For anyone considering using a company that operates nationally then I would advise that you check to see if they use their own staff for installs or whether they use subcontractors. Some subbie work we have seen (but not all) has been below standard which we have been called in to rectify because the subbie has gone bust.

This does not apply to all national companies but it pays to do a Google search to see if there is any negative (or positive) chatter about the company you are thinking of.

Hi Jamesey and the_rudeboy

I've just PMd you both with some information about how we can help.

Fenland Solar are based in Peterborough I think. If you have a price from them then get a couple of prices from local installers (me, me!) to compare.

For anyone considering using a company that operates nationally then I would advise that you check to see if they use their own staff for installs or whether they use subcontractors. Some subbie work we have seen (but not all) has been below standard which we have been called in to rectify because the subbie has gone bust.

This does not apply to all national companies but it pays to do a Google search to see if there is any negative (or positive) chatter about the company you are thinking of.

Hi there

Could you send me some more info please. I've looked at ashadegreener a few month ago. Moving in very shortly so would be interested to see what the potential benefits/savings are etc

Hi there

Could you send me some more info please. I've looked at ashadegreener a few month ago. Moving in very shortly so would be interested to see what the potential benefits/savings are etc

Hi

If you have been looking at ASG then are you only interested in free solar? Unfortunately we no longer supply this.

I pmd you a little earlier, if you are interested in seeing how much more beneficial owning your own system can be then send me your contact details and address I can take a look at the house on google to look at shading, orientation etc and work out an estimate of annual generation.

Thanks

Hello

I'm interested everything solar not just the free part. I'm checked my inbox but no PM.

I'll PM you my house address, I know it's got a south facing garden..

Thanks

Hi Gruss

I've just replied to you. Looks like a good house for solar and the returns will be good as well!

Let me know what you think.

hi has anyone used willmark energy for solar roof panels , they use Canadian solar panels? what are your thoughts , got quoted £4700 + 5% vat , for a 10 canadian panel system 2.5kw ,Samil TL S Inverter , all wiring and scaffolding over my conservatory etc

decided to ask for a aurora power 1 inverter and his quote was 150 more

Edited by jamesey

• 4 weeks later...