Solar Panel Megathread

I'm not so sure he was, and I'm sure thousands of people that have had PV installed are going to get a nasty shock when it catches up with them. The rent a roof home owners are going to feel it the most and I genuinely believe that most people are blissfully unaware of the problem( which might help them get a reduced bill).

And the installers wouldn't be liable for not having checked it, if it's a common problem?

---------- Post added 13-08-2014 at 07:26 ----------

£3300 10%0f = 330 did you only pay £3300 ?

No, that payment is for 1 quarter. ROI is worked out annually.

We also had Ashadegreener fit ours May 2013 its saving us approx £250-£300 a year, I dare say if we were more careful, not using the kettle whilst the toaster is on or using the washer whilst the oven is on we could save even more.

EXACTLY!

This is what puzzles me about people having solar panels fitted. Most seem to only think of the feed-in tariff when in fact you make the majority of the money on what you SAVE by using your own generated electricity.

Even little things like charging your phone. If you got some high-capacity portable chargers and have THOSE charge during the day time (especially if you work) so you can then charge your phone off them at night, it makes a difference.

I had them installed before the price of the Feed in Tariff went down, so understand I am on the top rate.

Just got a note of my refund due shortly.

......am pleased to confirm that your payment for the electricity generated between 25/03/14 and 26/06/14 has been processed.

A payment of £330.24 will be credited directly to your bank account on or shortly after the 18th August 2014.....

I'll settle for that. Works out as approx 10% return on investment (I own my own panels). I can settle for that. I suspect it isn;t much different nowadays.

But they cost you twice as much at least than today's installs so the economics are in favour of new install

:confused:

Doesn't the amount of insulation you have in the loft affect the FIT?

:confused: I'm not sure the amount of money you get for feeding 'leccy into the system is affected by the amount of lagging in your loft.. I am ready to be proved wrong of course...