Solar Panel Megathread

I wonder how many mps have jobs lined up in the oil industry to keep dropping the tariff:suspect::hihi:

Could be a secret sinister conspiracy between the government and the oil industry. :loopy:

Only oil isn't really used to generate electricity except that businesses have started buying diesel generators to makes sure they can run when it's neither windy nor sunny.

On the other hand perhaps somebody's finally noticed that these things are a colossal waste of money which shows up extremely regressively on everybody's electricity bill. :thumbsup:

Edited by unbeliever

Could be a secret sinister conspiracy between the government and the oil industry. :loopy:

Only oil isn't really used to generate electricity except that businesses have started buying diesel generators to makes sure they can run when it's neither windy nor sunny.

On the other hand perhaps somebody's finally noticed that these things are a colossal waste of money which shows up extremely regressively on everybody's electricity bill. :thumbsup:

You don't think its suspicious to do this right after they agree to open up more areas to fracking? It just screams of vested interests.

Its already been suggested that you can build giant batteries at substations to store excess energy, making renewables viable. But instead the government do this?

I don't know how it can be anything but for their own benefit, it sure isn't ours.

have you ever been abroad these things are litterly everywhere. you telling me that all these countries have been using them for years have been doing so because they are a waste of money:suspect:

The subsidies were never for our benefit. If by our you mean the majority of the population that didn't receive them.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 20:55 ----------

have you ever been abroad these things are litterly everywhere. you telling me that all these countries have been using them for years have been doing so because they are a waste of money:suspect:

I've also noticed when I'm abroad that it's much sunnier than here... :suspect:

Coincidence?

The subsidies were never for our benefit. If by our you mean the majority of the population that didn't receive them.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 20:55 ----------

I've also noticed when I'm abroad that it's much sunnier than here... :suspect:

Coincidence?

but don't these new ones work with just the light :huh:

They still work though, which is the point.

If nothing else, having solar panels can offset air conditioner use in hot weather. Its why I really wish I could have them myself but, you know, council house. :(

Don't even care about the FIT, it would be worth it to pull less from the grid. But obviously it will be more expensive to get them without a FIT.

The idea of getting rid of it entirely is disgusting, how is it fair to pump energy into the grid for free?