Whats the 'best' route to Scarborough?

(depending where you live) ... down Parkway, S down M1 to M18, along M18 to join M62 and take the North Cave turn off (B1230) to Beverley. Leave Beverley on A1174 and pick up the A165 ... go up it 'til you reach Scarborough.

Don't be tempted to turn off to Flamborough head (unless you're thinking of ending it all off the rocks) and give Filey a miss unless you like metallic red wheelchairs. Scarborough's OK if you're a Goth, like Dracula and want to see an old castle.:)

(depending where you live) ... down Parkway, S down M1 to M18, along M18 to join M62 and take the North Cave turn off (B1230) to Beverley. Leave Beverley on A1174 and pick up the A165 ... go up it 'til you reach Scarborough.

Don't be tempted to turn off to Flamborough head (unless you're thinking of ending it all off the rocks) and give Filey a miss unless you like metallic red wheelchairs. Scarborough's OK if you're a Goth, like Dracula and want to see an old castle.:)

I think youve got mixed up with Whitby

Whats a Heclopeter?

The replacement for a heliocopter.

- Many years ago I was given an amendment. (If you are in the Armed forces and a manual/publication requires amendment and you are recorded as holding a copy of that document, you are issued with the amendment (which may include replacement pages and may include 'handwritten' alterations.) You are obliged to implement the amendment and annotate the text with the Amendment List number in support of handwritten amendments.

AP3456G (which superseded AP1234G) had been issued with typos.

The amendment instructed me (and very many other people) to: "Delete the word 'heliocopter' on pages n,nn,nnn,nnnn etc and replace it with the word 'heclopeter', marking each replacement with the AL number."

Heclopeter it is, then.

Archived