Small diesel car advice

Interesting about the egr valves gumming up, were they REALLY worth putting on in the first place. Our 406 2.0 hdi, has had it 'taken out', after an oil,leak a year ago.

I THINK the diesel particulate filter applies to cars after ~2006 at a guess. The more they put on....the more....

I think the EGR business was to meet stricter European regs which don't apply here. That's why many people take them and the DPF off.

The DPF can be on cars before that time. It was usually fitted to anything with a 110BHP engine and above.

I switched from 306s to a 307 last year and the 90BHP didn't have it. It didn't have the dual mass flywheel either, so perhaps that might be a good choice? You can pick up a decent 307 diesel from about £1500.

I think the EGR business was to meet stricter European regs which don't apply here. That's why many people take them and the DPF off.

The DPF can be on cars before that time. It was usually fitted to anything with a 110BHP engine and above.

I switched from 306s to a 307 last year and the 90BHP didn't have it. It didn't have the dual mass flywheel either, so perhaps that might be a good choice? You can pick up a decent 307 diesel from about £1500.

noticed a 307 HDI Sw yesterday - like the 7 seats, although maybe a bit more 'fiddly' than the zafira.

Was that the one with the long glass roof? Its really nice but I don't like the floor space you lose in the boot because of the seats.

Yes that's the one. I noticed it because I have 4 grandkids, and yes you do lose the boot but all back seats come out.

However, primary search is for a small one for the Mrs.

To be honest (if slightly biased as my wife has one) the Ausi A2 1.4Tdi is a fantastic little car. Based on an aluminium spaceframe, with either aluminium or composite body work, there is very litte to rust.

We get at least 50mpg (My wife mainly does 1.5 mile journeys) and it will seat 5 people in comfort.

The bad news, from your point of view is that they hold their value really well. with even the oldest ones fetching around £3K mark. Having said that, this is also a plus point from when you want to sell in the future.

To be honest (if slightly biased as my wife has one) the Ausi A2 1.4Tdi is a fantastic little car. Based on an aluminium spaceframe, with either aluminium or composite body work, there is very litte to rust.

We get at least 50mpg (My wife mainly does 1.5 mile journeys) and it will seat 5 people in comfort.

The bad news, from your point of view is that they hold their value really well. with even the oldest ones fetching around £3K mark. Having said that, this is also a plus point from when you want to sell in the future.

I have got an Audi A2 1.4 tdi and yes it is a fantastic car. Wouldn't swap mine now

I have got an Audi A2 1.4 tdi and yes it is a fantastic car. Wouldn't swap mine now

Great, aren't they.

In the 5 years we've had ours, we've had to replace 2 front springs and mounts; front discs and pads, the indicator relay module and 6 tyres; other than general servcing.

Still looks as good as the day we bought it.

Great, aren't they.

In the 5 years we've had ours, we've had to replace 2 front springs and mounts; front discs and pads, the indicator relay module and 6 tyres; other than general servcing.

Still looks as good as the day we bought it.

lol that sounds familiar! I've had springs replaced, front discs and pads(although they could have lasted me a bit longer but I asked them to change them), and only last week the indicator relay module.

No, wouldn't swap it for a BMW, Jaguar etc anything! It's mine til it goes to the big scrapyard in the sky :hihi:

lol that sounds familiar! I've had springs replaced, front discs and pads(although they could have lasted me a bit longer but I asked them to change them), and only last week the indicator relay module.

No, wouldn't swap it for a BMW, Jaguar etc anything! It's mine til it goes to the big scrapyard in the sky :hihi:

I have to say I don't drive ours very often, having a Golf and a TVR vying for my attention, but when I do I always exit the car with a smile on my face.

We did get the rarer 5 seat SE model, and it's a great allrounder, even if my new (company) Golf estate is better on diesel!!

Archived