Can't Britain just close and say we are full up?

I...

However I'm of the opinion all of that is of absolutely zero relevance to todays situation. Simply stating that lots of people came here hundreds of years ago, imo, is not really any sort of reason or argument for the limiting or non-limiting of immigration today.

--

Agreed - and I'm certainly not arguing against limiting immigration. As I noted above, however, if you are going to decide who to deport and who to allow to enter, you first have to know who is already there, who is self-sufficient, who is relying on the state for support and who is relying on crime for support.

They had already left never to return ,lying rotting in unmarked graves after they had given their lives to protect their country,the same country where the populace now seem to bend over backwards to deride their own country and people, and will not be content until it is handed over lock stock and barrel to people who failed in their own countries and instead of staying their to make their own countries better take the easy way out and come to a country which welcomes them with open arms and turns it over to them to do as they please.More mosques Vicar we have need of them urgently

What are corpses supposed to do? Use Oreal and remain healthy looking?

As for WW2, the Russians did most of the fighting, and it was a world war involving a lot of people other than us. It's not as if we fought it alone. Without the Yanks we couldn't get out of our own country and even then the Germans were mainly occupied in the Soviet Union. WW2 is not a good argument for isolationsm.

People who fail in their own countries? That would include the BNP then.

As for WW2, the Russians did most of the fighting, and it was a world war involving a lot of people other than us. It's not as if we fought it alone. Without the Yanks we couldn't get out of our own country and even then the Germans were mainly occupied in the Soviet Union. WW2 is not a good argument for isolationsm.

How can one side do more fighting that the other? :huh:

What are corpses supposed to do? Use Oreal and remain healthy looking?

Where did you learn your history ?

Nearly half a million deaths for the UK would seem to make your reply look rather foolish

I understand what you're saying Rupert and you're not the only one to have mentioned Vikings, Normans and various other migrations to this island.

However I'm of the opinion all of that is of absolutely zero relevance to todays situation. Simply stating that lots of people came here hundreds of years ago, imo, is not really any sort of reason or argument for the limiting or non-limiting of immigration today.

--

So what are you saying should be the relevant factor when deciding on immigration levels?

You must have gone to the same school then .

I wonder why we have a remembrance sunday for those killed in the second world war according to form on here we did nothing..C'est la vie

I can't see anywhere where the poster said we didn't do any of the fighting, he said most of it which I'm sorry to be shattering your long held viewpoint is correct.

I can't see anywhere where the poster said we didn't do any of the fighting, he said most of it which I'm sorry to be shattering your long held viewpoint is correct.

Without the Yanks we couldn't get out of our own country

Really and I suppose you agree with his comment ?

Archived