Can't Britain just close and say we are full up?

A number of posts have been removed from this thread. Please debate the topic without bickering or making personal comments.

Thank you.

I'd agree with that. The areas that suffered most, initially, are deprived areas They're not deprived due to minorities living there, but because its the only areas they can afford to live in.

The areas around Hanover street were upper class when I was a lad so was Harcourt road, Rock street was respectable and safe to visit at night.

These areas were decent and not deprived prior to the people who moved in and made them deprived.

I was initialy brought up in the Crookesmoor road Bond street area, playing on the bombed building sites, back to back housing and shared outside toilets none of which exist today are you saying that we should have behaved like the trash do today because of the housing that existed?

Some of the houses in our street didn't even have a back door, one of our Warrant Officers came from those very houses, he went on to become an officer in HM forces.

It's the state of the mind of these people not the state of the distrcts.

The areas around Hanover street were upper class when I was a lad so was Harcourt road, Rock street was respectable and safe to visit at night.

These areas were decent and not deprived prior to the people who moved in and made them deprived.

I was initialy brought up in the Crookesmoor road Bond street area, playing on the bombed building sites, back to back housing and shared outside toilets none of which exist today are you saying that we should have behaved like the trash do today because of the housing that existed?

Some of the houses in our street didn't even have a back door, one of our Warrant Officers came from those very houses, he went on to become an officer in HM forces.

how very true, well put.

What kind of nonsense is this? Quite extraordinary.

By the way it's still safe to walk up Rock Street at night - as long as you're not labouring under a heavy burden of white paranoia.

Archived