Can't Britain just close and say we are full up?

In fact, I can probably draw an unbroken line back hundreds and hundreds of years.

One unbroken English line in 10 generations is 1/2048. That isn't even 'hundreds and hundreds of years'. There could be all sorts of immigrants in your history. I only have to go back 4 generations to find Irish, 5 generations to find Eastern European and Jewish. This is the depth of my geneology aswell - my grandparents talk of their grandparents. Beyond that I know nothing. Your claim isn't as strong as you think it is.

One unbroken English line in 10 generations is 1/2048. That isn't even 'hundreds and hundreds of years'. There could be all sorts of immigrants in your history. I only have to go back 4 generations to find Irish, 5 generations to find Eastern European and Jewish. This is the depth of my geneology aswell - my grandparents talk of their grandparents. Beyond that I know nothing. Your claim isn't as strong as you think it is.

Funny how people always say that without knowing a thing about my ancestry. Of course, it may be true in generations past, but that's all idle speculation.

If we're a nation of immigrants, as is often claimed, and we're all therefore immigrants. It can't be racist for immigrants to call for a ban on further immigration, because we're all immigrants...

Can't say I've followed the whole thread but anybody that implies it's racist just for wanting less immigration are simply deplorable imo. In fact they're bigots.

--

Are there any races / cultures that you feel are more pure than others. I'd accept that there's plenty of mixture in our past. No doubt you see this as good. And I'm not at all bothered by it.

But would you encourage other cultures, like Muslims, to enter into more mixed marriages to improve the melting pot further. Do you think this mixing of cultures would be acceptable to Muslims?

That raises two questions. 1. If not why? 2. If so why doesn't it happen?

Funny how people always say that without knowing a thing about my ancestry.

Unless you're a monarch or from high nobility, I doubt you can trace all 2048 members of your family back 10 generations. Even if you could do that, I severly doubt all 2048 would be British. You're making massively spurious claims.

Unless you're a monarch or from high nobility, I doubt you can trace all 2048 members of your family back 10 generations. Even if you could do that, I severly doubt all 2048 would be British. You're making massively spurious claims.

Oh, lighten up! This is Sheffield Forum, the HOME of spurious claims (especially massive ones).

Besides, I've only got a tiny family... And I'm the last of my line.

With me our 'noble' and 'ancient' lineage dies. /sniff

Archived