Can't Britain just close and say we are full up?

Can't say I've followed the whole thread but anybody that implies it's racist just for wanting less immigration is simply deplorable imo. In fact they're bigots.
Or they're brainwashed.

We have as a society, of necessity, responded to an unjust social system a generation or two ago, and become aware and sensitive to fairness to people from all backgrounds after having policies to encourage immigration to fill jobs in what were better times.

That necessary and much welcomed awareness of racism and bias has fed an extremely naive and destructive mindset of positive discrimination and annoyingly obsessive over-application of the simple principle of fairness that we originally sought to introduce. Racism is one of the favourite trump cards for left wing activists and gobby do-gooders to wave from their soap boxes, so they spout it at any and every opportunity.

Sadly, because we've had political correctness and equality thrown at us for decades now, people have become confused and misguided over the use of the race card and many of them just fail to apply common sense.

No doubt you see this as good.

An odd assertion to make. It is neither good nor bad; past immigration just is. No amount of pondering will stop the fact that we have the movement of different people and cultures in our past.

But would you encourage other cultures, like Muslims, to enter into more mixed marriages to improve the melting pot further. Do you think this mixing of cultures would be acceptable to Muslims?

I would want people to be free to marry who they wish. Beyond that it is their life and their choice who they marry, and thus nothing to do with me.

But would you encourage other cultures, like Muslims, to enter into more mixed marriages to improve the melting pot further. Do you think this mixing of cultures would be acceptable to Muslims?

Why single out muslims? And why do you think that over a billion people would all have the same opinion on a particular topic?

Look at Christianity. Do you see a lot of Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland marrying across religious divides? How many members of the royal family have married a catholic? We don't even let our own PM be a catholic even if like Blair he married one. And do members of the Klan, EDL or BNP marry people of different races and/or religions?

Why single out muslims? And why do you think that over a billion people would all have the same opinion on a particular topic?

Look at Christianity. Do you see a lot of Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland marrying across religious divides? How many members of the royal family have married a catholic? We don't even let our own PM be a catholic even if like Blair he married one. And do members of the Klan, EDL or BNP marry people of different races and/or religions?

I'm not singling out Muslims, but they do not enter in to mixed marriages as much as other groups. Do you encourage mixed marriages? I don't have a problem with it..

Archived