Can't Britain just close and say we are full up?

Actually the population of 62 million is a lot lower than than was predicted in the 1960s, then they predicted that we'd have around 75 million people living here.

So I guess we are a long way from being full up.

Actually the population of 62 million is a lot lower than than was predicted in the 1960s, then they predicted that we'd have around 75 million people living here.

So I guess we are a long way from being full up.

So, because there's a 'prediction' that means we're not full up...

Edit: And despite the fact they predicted 75 million, their house building efforts fall pitifully short.

Here's a really helpful hint: go outside, use public transport, and you'll see how damn full the country is. Sheffield's jam packed.

So, because there's a 'prediction' that means we're not full up...

Well yes, if in the 1960's they though the country could accommodate 75 million people, which is a fair assumption if you judge by the lack of an urgent appeals for people to stop having children, then the country can easily accommodate 62 million people.

Edit: And despite the fact they predicted 75 million, their house building efforts fall pitifully short.

Yes.

Here's a really helpful hint: go outside, use public transport, and you'll see how damn full the country is. Sheffield's jam packed.

I use public transport to go to work, the bus is never full. So what does that prove?

Even if the the buses was full again how does this prove anything in relation to population sizes? I'd suggest that the only thing that it does prove is that more buses need to be purchased and used.

Am I missing something here, perhaps you can help?

Well yes, if in the 1960's they though the country could accommodate 75 million people,

There's no mention of how well these 75 million could be accomodated...are shanty towns on the menu? Is that how you want to exist? didn't they also say that we'd all be living lives of luxury where all the work was done by machines....just shows how wrong the "prophets" of the 60's were..

Well yes, if in the 1960's they though the country could accommodate 75 million people, which is a fair assumption if you judge by the lack of an urgent appeals for people to stop having children, then the country can easily accommodate 62 million people.

Yes.

I use public transport to go to work, the bus is never full. So what does that prove?

Even if the the buses was full again how does this prove anything in relation to population sizes? I'd suggest that the only thing that it does prove is that more buses need to be purchased and used.

Am I missing something here, perhaps you can help?

Thats the worst none point ive ever read.:rant:

That's a non-sequitur. A bus being full isn't an example of Britain being full. There isn't even a correlation to be made.

There's no mention of how well these 75 million could be accomodated...are shanty towns on the menu? Is that how you want to exist? didn't they also say that we'd all be living lives of luxury where all the work was done by machines....just shows how wrong the "prophets" of the 60's were..

It does show how they were wrong, but the fact that an urgent one child per family scheme wasn't introduced does suggest that they thought we could accommodate such numbers.

Archived