Can't Britain just close and say we are full up?

I think 'full' is essentially unquantifiable. It's impossible to measure, and thus impossible to say.

We need severe circumstances for us to say we're overpopulated, like famine or drought. That is a different situation completely.

So we wait until we are unable to deal with the problem before we say its a problem, great :roll:

But if you don't know what "full" is and its "unquantifiable" how can you say that the country is not "full"

I never said it was or wasn't, I believe. I said it was a silly argument. If people are going to be anti-immigration then they need a better argument than "we are full".

Any chance you can post without the snide remarks stuck on the end?

I never said it was or wasn't, I believe. I said it was a silly argument. If people are going to be anti-immigration then they need a better argument than "we are full".

Any chance you can post without the snide remarks stuck on the end?

But we are full, that is the problem .....

No. Houses can be created. I even wrote it down. It was there under the bit you put in bold.

Not all land is used for food, infact a lot of land is wasted. People could take much more advantage of free land to grow their own food, something I'd love to see. Secondly a lot of our food is imported. If immigrants are economically viable then we can still continue to buy food. The days of Britain being self-sufficient are long gone.

As for water, that isn't an issue at the minute. Do immigrants stop reservoirs filling?

"A hotel with 100 rooms and 100 guests is full. A bus with 100 seats and 100 passengers is full"

You stated this, so were already full as there are homeless.

"a lot of our food is imported"

so you'd like to see more food imported (a) by the take up of more land for building use, (b) by more population.

"Do immigrants stop reservoirs filling"

Obviously by usage.

http://www.mindfulmoney.co.uk/wp/seb-beloe/lack-of-rainfall-underlines-need-for-uk-water-regulation-reform/

Archived